Mistake?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
rogueangel
Loyal

Mistake?

Post by rogueangel »

I'm beginning to think going to college was a BIG mistake... yes I've met new people... yes they're nice...

The truth though? I miss my other friends... I miss the familiar halls of my old school...

I could go back... enrol in another year at my old school... but I know I won't... because I was adamant I was leaving and making this whole 'great new start' at college...

I know I should give this place a chance, but I feel myself withdrawing already... like I stopped making an effort...

This guy Dan who's in my class said I was the most anti - social person he knew... he didn't mean it nastily, he's always saying stuff like that... but he's right you know...

I never should have done this...

I'm not strong enough to handle this change...
pynkgodde55
Loyal

Re: Mistake?

Post by pynkgodde55 »

Originally posted by rogueangel@Sep 15 2004, 01:49 PM

I'm not strong enough to handle this change...

Sure you are. You've made it this far haven't you. Give it a little time. I'm still a lil freaked out about college but it's something we all have to face. Believe me, you aren't alone. If you ever need to talk...I'm here. Just pm me.
[center]Image[/center]

[center]Xanga/MySpace[/center][center]Wanna Know More about Jen?[/center]
Spitfire
Veteran

Post by Spitfire »

Ive heard of a lot of people feeling like this when they start out at college. I think you should wait a little bit. Im sure as you become more familiar with the school and the people in it, that you will begin to like it more and more. I say wait it out, you will prolly end up liking it.
Blame it on the yellow bananas..they just sit there..all..yellow-like!!

~FRODO THE FLYING PEANUT~

Post 200- Aug 10, 2004

Post 250- Aug 17, 2004

Post 300- Aug 23, 2004

Post 400- Sep 26, 2004

Post 500- Oct 26, 2004

Dont Make Me Eat Your First-Born Child!!
Al Legator
Loyal

Post by Al Legator »

You were wrong about one thing. You can't go back again. Things did not stay the same as when you left. People moved on-to schools, to other people, to jobs, to relationships...everything changed there too. The past can be comforting but it's gone.

I agree with Spitfire. It's not unusal at all to feel like this. There are others around you and you can get involved with them and their activities. There are clubs on campus. Get involved. There are tutorials to take. Get involved. To help you handle your feelings about this, make an appointment with a counsellor. (ask your Instructor, Don,or anyone in administration where to contact them if you don't know).

Yea, it can be intimidating but yes, you can not only handle it (when you get the hang of it) but it truly can be a highlight of your life.
jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

My sister was nervous when she first started college and she was thinking of dropping out but she stuck it out and now shes a junior and she absolutely loves it. Just keep it up for awhile and if its still not what you want then find something else that makes you happy. Luck.
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol