Should I Be Homeschooled?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Yummypunkpie
Loyal

Should I Be Homeschooled?

Post by Yummypunkpie »

Well, I'm thinking about being homeschooled, see I've been to three schools in the last three years and I've hated all three of them. Well, I don't hate the school part of school, I actually kind of like the work and all, and I want to get a good job and all, but I HATE HATE HATE with a capital H the kids in school. Everyone is so immature and I get picked on really bad, and I'm really scared of soical sitiations so it makes it even worse for me and I NEVER talk, and I haven't had a friend ever in school. So I was thinking if I was homeschooled I wouldn't have to deal with the kids there and I can focas more on getting my work done and actually learning rather than being scared. Sence I'm always so stressed after coming home and all. My mom said she could try to transpher me again to a differnt school, but I know it'll just be the same and I really can't help the way I am. So is anyone here homeschooled? Is there any downside to it? Do you think my parents will let me?
Rain falls on everyone,

The same old rain,

and I'm just trying to,

Walk with you,

Between the rain drops.

-Smashing Pumpkins
Shwynsh
Veteran

Re: Should I Be Homeschooled?

Post by Shwynsh »

I think before you even consider being homeschooled you should talk to your Mom or Dad about this- you don't want to get your hopes up for something that has the possibility of not happening. I think homeschooling wouldn't be that bad if all you really like is the work and not the social aspect. Because that's a HUGE part of school- the socialness of it.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
Spitfire
Veteran

Post by Spitfire »

It really depends on what you want to do and what yur parents will let you do. If you do get homeschooled, you wont be able to make any friends; maybe you just didnt have enough time to actually meet some nice people at yur school?? But be positive that you are willing to cut off socialization if you want to be homeschooled. Also, yur parents have to be cool with it. That is pretty important, because somebody reliable has to be doing the teaching.
Blame it on the yellow bananas..they just sit there..all..yellow-like!!

~FRODO THE FLYING PEANUT~

Post 200- Aug 10, 2004

Post 250- Aug 17, 2004

Post 300- Aug 23, 2004

Post 400- Sep 26, 2004

Post 500- Oct 26, 2004

Dont Make Me Eat Your First-Born Child!!
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

if u get homeschooled u dont get all the interactions u would get from a regular school, even kids being mean is useful a little, u cant be shielded from that all ur life, u got to learn how to deal and fight back, idk that's my opinion
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

I agree with 5a5 that it's a little userful to experience it, but if you've had enough, home school sounds pretty fair. You can't take that much crap before you explode.
-Sam!