Things Aren't Working Out

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Trapped
Veteran

Things Aren't Working Out

Post by Trapped »

I'm trying to catch things before they run downhill...

I put this under school at first becuase it's what's dragging me down the most....now I know I haven't been on teemhelphelpingteens in a long time, but I can find no other place to turn. I've lost all my friends (yea, they're still around, but I'm not sure that any ever did or they don't now pay me that much attention (take whatever I'm saying seriously), and I don't believe I've ever been that close to family, so it's hard to and I don't want to open up to them.

I'm really behind in school, due to the drill team I made this year, but if I quit I would be letting the team down and they would have holes in dances.(I'm not that great of a dancer, I just wanted to learn-which is why I joined--I also thought that I could bemore social-->Well, neither things haven proven worthy enough to stay and, being that I am now a junior, my classes have toughened up.

I come here, again, to seek refuge from all the stress and confide in people who experience the same thing. I know there's a lot I don't know...now, and I'm willing to accept advice.

There are a lot of things puzzling my mind, and I just haven't, and even now, had time to straighten or sort anything out. I've sort of just been going along with everyhting barely squezzing by...but that definitely won't last I know, which Is why I'm trying to do something about it. Please help. I struggle with a number of...issues, none critical I suppose; but nonetheless if I don't do something I'm afraid I will continue in this circle I've been on for nearly 3 years...

(I was thinking about posting each problem separate in different areas, so that it will give...people a chance to answer better--also cuz no one likes to read 1 long entry, AND I would just start rambling into a tangling squiggle of confusion in which no one, including myself, could decifer... :wacko:
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.
alnieve
Veteran

Re: Things Aren't Working Out

Post by alnieve »

Hun, I think we all know how you're feeling. You sound really stressed out to me.

Sometimes when you've got so much piled on to your shoulders, you have to give something up. It sounds to me like maybe quitting dance would lighten your load a little bit. But I totally understand what you say when you don't want to let the rest of your team down. But, if you found that things were getting too difficult for you and had to quit, I'm sure that the formations and stuff can be rearranged. Sure it's a hassle, but it's possible. But this is where you have to look at yourself. You have to make sure that drill team is something that you can give up. Because if you decide to quit, be sure of yourself. It may be something you will regret.

If you don't want to give anything up, I have always found that with my busy schedule it's really important to prioritize everything you do. Get things done as soon as you can and the stress load will lessen so much. One of the biggest tips I can offer you is to NOT procrastinate. It makes life so much easier.

Hope I helped some!

Much Love,

alnieve
[CENTER]She would change everything[/CENTER]

[CENTER]for happy ever after.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Caught in the in-between,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]a beautiful disaster."http://asnowy.deviantart.com/gallery/"[/CENTER]
Trapped
Veteran

Post by Trapped »

Yes, you kinda helped. NO really you did--I didn't mean that in a mean way. (sorry but my vocabulary is going down....) I know I need to prioritize but I don't know how and I can't. I've tried. It didn't work. I've become negative and I give up too eeasily NOW.

When I joined the drill team, I had quit band...it was ultimately my decision and no one forced it, and it was the wrong thing to do. I sero=iously regret it. I should have stayed, I liked it for it, no matter what people thought. Then Itook into consideration people's thought and gave up on it, when really it was really good for me. Now, I really regret it. Iheard what I wanted to hear, and now I feel as though I've made a mistae. I really don't know what I'm doing...about anything...

I tried not procastinating, but I just fell behind b/c of drill team. I was behind in school also with band. I've consdered many options. The best though (for academics anyway) looks like I should just quit Lariettes alsoand NOT try to join anything until my grades are in order. (THE instructor told us that today, because she iterated how this is an EXTRA-curricular. Even though I will feel really bad for not doing something else.)

I must go now, b/c I have a footbal game to prepare for which I don't think I will do to well in, but I hope wish that I could. I just don't believe in myself

...anymore.

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

Trapped
Veteran

Post by Trapped »

Here is the above, revised:

Yes, you did help. To inform you, my vocabulary and writing skills are going down... I know I need to prioritize but I can't because I don't know how. I've tried, and it didn't work. I've become so negative and I give up too easily NOW.

I had quit band to join the drill team...because I thought things would be better. It was ultimately my decision and no one forced it. I've come to the conclusion that it was the wrong thing to do because I've realized how much regret it. I should have stayed because it was something I liked for itself despite others' opinions. When I took into consideration peoples' thoughts, I gave up on band b/c I figued I wasn't good enough and it wasn't going to be part of my career when really it could help me through my dedication and appreciation and diligence. I heard what I wanted to hear about quitting, and now I feel as though my animosity has failed because I looked over all of the good things I left. I know now that I really don't know what I'm doing...about anything...

I've tried not to procastinate, but I just fell behind anyway because of poor time management. I've consdered many options so that I could stay in some activity. The best decision, though the toughest, (for academics anyway) looks like I should just quit Lariettes also and NOT try to join anything until my grades are in order. (THE instructor told us that today, because she iterated how this is an EXTRA-curricular. Even though I will feel really bad for not doing something else.)

I must go now, b/c I have a football game to prepare for which I don't think I will do to well in, but I hope wish that I could. I just don't believe in myself

...anymore.

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

JazzIsLove
Loyal

Post by JazzIsLove »

Hey

If things get really bad and you have to, quit the drill team. The good grades will be worth it far more than a bit of socialization or anything else that could offer you.

If you think you can manage it, here's a tip for you.. the next time you have a free 5 or 10 minutes with nothing to do-that's exactly what it should be. Just sit down on your bed, and relax. don't think about all you have to do, because, simply put, there's nothing you can do about it at that exact point in time anyway. RELAX. seriously just a few minutes of clear thoughts will help.

I know where you're coming from lol. really I do. My schedule: Monday:voice lesson 3-4, marching band 5.30-8. Tuesday: Pit orchestra 3-5. Wed: Marching band 5.30-8. Thursday: Pit orchestra 3-5, sax lesson 5-6. Friday, practice after school then the football game. throw in a few competitions here and there... time to practice voice stuff, chorus stuff, and 6 instruments.. and homework. I feel your pain! lol but I allow myself to rest..I try to get homework done right when it's given to me.. and well I've managed to maintain a 3.9 GPA and be a main driving force behind the band lol.

again, just relax. regroup, and it will flow from there :)
~ALLIE~

What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you're saying

In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true

Brent <3 4/12/05
Trapped
Veteran

Post by Trapped »

Wow, you just reiterated something that I realized today: the fact that I think I'm soo different from everyone esle, to different to be normal.

Well, I do have some short times where I can just do nothing, but as of now, I've just been waisting them by thinking too much on what I'm going to do. I have a headache now, and I think that could be a significant reason.

I thought about moving in with the rest of my fmaily...but others problems come up with that: They're at least a week ahead from the district I'm in now (I stay with my sister btw, to go to this school...) and they're highest potential GPA is higher than ours. What if I'm not able to catch up?

Yes it's a just risk I have to take, and life is about taking risks. I know this. But I'm..so bummed out from...the above and more.

Ugh! There's so much I left out of that.

Too many times do I go not with my decision. Those times in which I do, they seem to always be the "wrong" one, or at least I don't know how to make it better when I'm the only one that can......Who do I go to? What do I do?

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

Trapped
Veteran

Post by Trapped »

I want to learn how to make the right decision.

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

You can't learn how to make the right decision. At the time of making most decisions, no one really know what is right for them or not. You just have to pick one route and give it everything you've got to really make it work. Don't look back, just make your life happy, cos only you can. Whatever it takes. Don't feel bad about letting other people down, they'll understand that you need to sort your own life out before you can have other people depending on you.

Keep on trying to make yourself happy, and i hope you find a decision thats right for you.x
Trapped
Veteran

Post by Trapped »

Thanks. That really meant a lot, and I'm still not sure what to do yet....I'm just going along for now...but I can be easily discouraged. I know I regret my first decision (to quit/leave band) I keep, right now, wanting to revert back to that program (since it IS excellent...)I know you can't always go back and fix things, and even if you think you do, it's not the same. So, I'm still unsure what to do. But i'm sort of getting "professional" help on Monday.

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

andi
Loyal

Post by andi »

why are you trying to do this alone? i know you've come here, but what would really help you is if you went and talked to your teachers adn explained what was going on b/c they might be able to help (and teachers like it when students are honest) and go talk to your drill team coach and explain it to them as well. let THEM help you make the right decision...

good luck

andi
"These are the days worth living, these are the years worth giving, these are the moments, these are the times, lets make the most out of our lives"
Trapped
Veteran

Post by Trapped »

That's what my drill team instructor said................(in a matter of speaking).

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention