Don't Like Being Brought Down

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
firesign
Loyal

Don't Like Being Brought Down

Post by firesign »

Something always gets in my way. I don't think there's ever a day when no one I see at school had annoyed me. Like last week this girl was looking at me like they don't like me and they would make fun of me or something. SHe was with her other friend like they are going to gang up on me. I don't have friends at school and I don't want to be alone. My school has cliques. I don't know what the heck peoples problems are. :scared:
Lena
Veteran

Re: Don't Like Being Brought Down

Post by Lena »

would it be possible to join a club or two to make some friends with similar interests, or speak to a teacher?

x x x
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

I've learned throughout my years in high school and now moving away from my house to go to college that the only thing that really helps is being nice to people. If you are nice to someone then they have no reason to be mean to you and if they think about it and realize that they are being mean to you and you are just nothing but nice then maybe they will change. I know u may think that people are just going to be mean all the time but give it a chance and say Hi.. or smile you never know what is going to happen.

I have bad days to .. everyone does but you have to look at the positives and if something negative does happen try to get past it.. and look forward to something good happening. Let me know if u want to talk.. and welcome to HT I see this is ur first post. I'm Mandy :)
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
sweethelp
Veteran

Post by sweethelp »

yeah i know what you mean. ive found the best way to make new friends is to join a club and be nice and friendly with people. like half my friends i know are in the same clubs as me, and its awesome! because now i know a TON of different people.

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
rogueangel
Loyal

Post by rogueangel »

I know what you mean...

But like Mandy said... try saying hi to them or if you're not brave enough to say hi ('cause I know I'm not lol), then just smile at them...

Sometimes those 'snobby' looking girls are actually quite nice...

Don't judge a book by it's cover and all that, lol.

I know it's scary to just start walking around smiling at people... I was terrified at first, but in the long run it works out because that's how I got to be friends with some people...

Take Care :hug:

Sam x
angelviccy
Loyal

Post by angelviccy »

like everyone has said, just talk to them, or even just smile to start with. if u want to join clubs then go ahead and jsut be yourself and talk to people, it takes a while but u could get some gd m8s outa clubs and things. how about trying this, whenever something negative happens 2 u, equal it out with a positive thing

e.g this person has just called me a name or that gang has just sed loads of thingd, equal it out by going to talk to sum1 else or just a smile to sum1 else.

pm me if u wanna talk im always here

o yes and welcome im viccy x
"One more step along the world i go"

"As i travel though the bad and good"

"give me courage when the world is rough"

"The people of darkness are needing a friend"

Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

one way i survived during high school was that after my horrible idea of making friends during freshman year, i picked a small group of friends and became "best" good, great, whatever friends. i associated myself with that group and i was no longer an outcast. and no one would say anything to me, because they had no reason too. when ur alone, its very easy for some to pick on u for something they may dislike about u. i know a kid named Zwick, who definitely would have probably been the biggest loser ever, he was puny, had an annoying voice, and was very figity. however he had a pair of balls, picked out some close friends and he never had a problem with anyone ever.
Me: So do you like, HIM?

Rosca: No way, they suck. . .

Me: How can you say that, they're love METAL

Rosca: They ain't Metal!

Me: Well they probably get more women than we will ever in our lives combined

Rosca: Yea cause they're gay. . .
firesign
Loyal

Post by firesign »

I tried finding group of friends or someone to talk to but I think no one in school wants to be friends with me. They have a clique and I'm not interested in doing things that they do. There's also this girl that annoys me because I want her to stop saying hi to me because she doesn't act like her age and she needs to grow up. I think she's jealous that I do things. Well I'm suppose to do things that I'm doing because I'm getting older. I really don't want to be alone anymore but people here where I live and at school in where I live is so different. I know that all I have to do is say hi or talk to them or whatever but it looks like that doesn't work at all.
firesign
Loyal

Post by firesign »

I think there are a lot of kids in my school that does drugs, smokes and drink beer I don't do any of that stuff. But it seems like everyone is doing that. I see most of the girls at my school looks like sluts. I always get stuck with people like them in all my classes every year. I know that all I have to do say is hi and talk to them or whatever but that doesn't work at all. I don't want to be a loner and it's really fucking hard. People in where I live is not like that just have a conversation and stuff then be friends. There are all this fucking things like you have to have the right look. Then there's this fucking sports people that like think are talking about me and think that I'm a loner. They think their god or something.
Hop-along
Loyal

Post by Hop-along »

Hi

I was the same at school I dont smoke , do drugs or drink beer and I'm not a slut I alwayus looked diffrent and I liked diffrent stuff. What really hlped me is music maybe iyyt would help you too. I listen to Pink Floyd I really like them and Led Zepplin and The Who and Dire straits. I found I was lonly but I had somthing to listen to me , personally I find the leader singer of Pink Floyd "David Gilmour" to have such a wownderful voice that when I listen its like hes singing just for me and I find that makes me happy. I carry around a CD player or tapecasette or MP3 player in my pocket all the time and when I'm lonly or unhappy I put some music on. I know that you might not like Pink floyd but I'm sure that you must like somone.
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

What are you interested in? Most likely there's a club or organization at your school for people who share that interest, and that's a GREAT way to meet friends.

It's scary, but be brave and go out there to clubs and say hi to people and see what happens.

GOOD LUCK. <3
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.