Promotional Video Initiative

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Sam!
Veteran

Promotional Video Initiative

Post by Sam! »

This is a poll for a PR project that's being considered. A promotional video would be a short animated film with sound to try to get someone to come to HelpingTeens.org. This poll is considered officially over when 100 members have voted in it. If you have more than one account, please make sure you vote ONLY ONCE as this is a PR department poll.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

Please note that when I say "cartoon" we're talking about something a little more sophisticated than Ziggy.
-Sam!
Wheretogo
Veteran

Re: Promotional Video Initiative

Post by Wheretogo »

ziggy rules lol
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

I would not bring it.

I think you're getting alittle too into this PR stuff.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

Originally posted by Emily@Oct 9 2004, 06:27 PM

I would not bring it.

The "PR stuff" could help get more people to join our site and get help with their problems. I see no reason why he shouldnt get into it.

I would bring it.
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

I dont know if I would or not... I think Im enclined to agree with Emily.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I don't know. I mean there are people that know i come to this site, but i would feel uncofortable if a few people saw it and came here and read my posts. I am a person that keeps his feelings and thoughts to himself and if people read this stuff i couldn't handle it. So no, im sorry sam, i wouldn't take it in.

~Jeff~
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Originally posted by jess_617+Oct 9 2004, 11:58 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (jess_617 @ Oct 9 2004, 11:58 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Emily@Oct 9 2004, 06:27 PM

I would not bring it.

The "PR stuff" could help get more people to join our site and get help with their problems. I see no reason why he shouldnt get into it.

I would bring it.[/b][/quote]

Do you honestly believe that? We get shown videos all the time about sex and stds and depression and I don't think I've once visited the website it's promoting. I think for the most part it would be a waste of time.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

Originally posted by Emily+Oct 10 2004, 12:35 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Emily @ Oct 10 2004, 12:35 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by jess_617@Oct 9 2004, 11:58 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Emily
@Oct 9 2004, 06:27 PM

I would not bring it.

I would bring it.

Do you honestly believe that? We get shown videos all the time about sex and stds and depression and I don't think I've once visited the website it's promoting. I think for the most part it would be a waste of time.[/b][/quote]

If at least one person sees it and comes here and gets help..then i dont think its a waste of time at all. I cant be sure any of this thats being done will help anyone but its worth a try. :) Guess well find out.
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

No, I would'nt. Too many people already know I go onto Teenhelp.Org. At least they don't know about Helping Teens, because I don't want people to look at my past posts and see what problems I've had.
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

I'd like to make it clear to everyone that the Video Project Initiative is merely to gauge whether or not we should proceed forward with the project, but PR work WILL continue since the administration established the department to get new people to the site.
-Sam!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by Samz@Oct 10 2004, 06:19 PM

I'd like to make it clear to everyone that the Video Project Initiative is merely to gauge whether or not we should proceed forward with the project, but PR work WILL continue since the administration established the department to get new people to the site.

Wait, so our opinions in this whole thing didn't matter? Im confussed. Please explain.

~Jeff~
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

I sense a fight coming, so keep it civil. I'm not afraid to warn either of you :P

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Doug: i have no intention to start a fight, i am just curious. Becuase he said that the admins made the PR thing and though we wouldn't do it he is still doing it...so it seemed like our opinion was pointless...No fighting tone was said...

~Jeff~
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

No Jeff, you took that the wrong way. I meant that PR WORK IN GENERAL would still continue. This PROJECT probably won't. I'm actually using the poll numbers I assigned as a scoreboard, and the reason I want 100 votes is there is a certain number at which we will continue with or drop the project. Your opinions DO matter, that's why I posted this. I was merely responding to "I think you're getting alittle too into this PR stuff."
-Sam!
Spitfire
Veteran

Post by Spitfire »

Originally posted by School of Rock Babe@Oct 10 2004, 02:46 PM

No, I would'nt. Too many people already know I go onto Teenhelp.Org. At least they don't know about Helping Teens, because I don't want people to look at my past posts and see what problems I've had.

Right on.

I wouldnt bring it, mainly because I dont want my classmates knowing that I am Spitfire on helpingteens.org, and because i know the school wouldnt even consider showing it to people anyway. I would be better off posting something with http://www.helpingteens.org on it in the lunchroom or office.
Blame it on the yellow bananas..they just sit there..all..yellow-like!!

~FRODO THE FLYING PEANUT~

Post 200- Aug 10, 2004

Post 250- Aug 17, 2004

Post 300- Aug 23, 2004

Post 400- Sep 26, 2004

Post 500- Oct 26, 2004

Dont Make Me Eat Your First-Born Child!!
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

I'd like people to consider how easy it is to acheive anonymity. You can use a fake name or just not tell your name.
-Sam!
Spitfire
Veteran

Post by Spitfire »

True, but if somebody from my account comes to this site and looks at my profile, they will know I am from their town, and they will know who I am because of my MSN adress.

Post 200- Aug 10, 2004

Post 250- Aug 17, 2004

Post 300- Aug 23, 2004

Post 400- Sep 26, 2004

Post 500- Oct 26, 2004

Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by Spitfire@Oct 10 2004, 09:41 PM

True, but if somebody from my account comes to this site and looks at my profile, they will know I am from their town, and they will know who I am because of my MSN adress.

Which is why, if you're that concerned, you'd REALLY ought to remove that stuff from your profile. You do understand that there are 752 schools that are going to get e-mail about this site and they are in at least 15 states... chances are there WILL be someone from your school on here at SOME POINT whether by that or anything else.
-Sam!
Spitfire
Veteran

Post by Spitfire »

Originally posted by Samz+Oct 10 2004, 07:58 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Samz @ Oct 10 2004, 07:58 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Spitfire@Oct 10 2004, 09:41 PM

Which is why, if you're that concerned, you'd REALLY ought to remove that stuff from your profile. You do understand that there are 752 schools that are going to get e-mail about this site and they are in at least 15 states... chances are there WILL be someone from your school on here at SOME POINT whether by that or anything else.[/b][/quote]

I dont want to, nor can I remove my information. I am required to have either an msn or yahoo adress on my profile. I am really not concerned to death about it, because chances are, if somebody comes to this site and relizes who I am, chances are that they are on the site because they need help that they dont want to talk to close friends about too.

Post 200- Aug 10, 2004

Post 250- Aug 17, 2004

Post 300- Aug 23, 2004

Post 400- Sep 26, 2004

Post 500- Oct 26, 2004

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by Spitfire+Oct 10 2004, 10:07 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Spitfire @ Oct 10 2004, 10:07 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by Samz@Oct 10 2004, 07:58 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Spitfire
@Oct 10 2004, 09:41 PM

Which is why, if you're that concerned, you'd REALLY ought to remove that stuff from your profile. You do understand that there are 752 schools that are going to get e-mail about this site and they are in at least 15 states... chances are there WILL be someone from your school on here at SOME POINT whether by that or anything else.

I dont want to, nor can I remove my information. I am required to have either an msn or yahoo adress on my profile. I am really not concerned to death about it, because chances are, if somebody comes to this site and relizes who I am, chances are that they are on the site because they need help that they dont want to talk to close friends about too.[/b][/quote]

You're not required to have it posted publicly... but because you are a mod, we need (ie admins need) your info.

You can remove it from your profile, so long as we admins know the updated info.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.