Do You Guys Have Peer Mediation?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Slaw
Loyal

Do You Guys Have Peer Mediation?

Post by Slaw »

Do you guys have a separate staff that is peer mediation. Like not a mod or super mod or an admin, a separate group that helps people with their problems and provides counselin or are the staff the counselor type figures?
OverDrive
Veteran

Re: Do You Guys Have Peer Mediation?

Post by OverDrive »

HelpNet Email Staff and Chat staff
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

I'm actually a trained peer mediator, as my support groups applications which are on file may reflect. HelpNet does not actually do MEDIATION. They can help you with YOUR problem but a mediation has to be a live and rolling thing. With administrative permission, I'd be glad to perform some kind of mediation on the chat server or something like that because I am trained. I have a certificate from the Center for Conflic Resolutions in my local area (not posting that) and I have a number of years of experience in that field.
-Sam!
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Originally posted by Slaw@Oct 24 2004, 03:36 AM

Do you guys have a separate staff that is peer mediation. Like not a mod or super mod or an admin, a separate group that helps people with their problems and provides counselin or are the staff the counselor type figures?

We use to have a group of people called like 'Mentors' or the likes and they did not hold any positions at TeenHelp they just showed that they were very good helpers and were people you could go to when needed.

I don't think they exsist anymore, they should though. It was such a good idea.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

Technically we dont have Peer Mediation..If I remember correctly isnt that like sitting down and talking to the people involved in the problem? (I should know this I was a Peer Mediator:shy: ) But yeah HelpNet, Chat, and the support groups are just to help YOU with the problems that you have. Minus the "I" statements and all that.
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Jess, peer mediation is a form of conflict resolution that is much different than arbitration. In arbitration, like a court, a neutral party (being a judge) will hear both sides and then decide what is going to happen. In peer MEDIATION, the "judge" is there only as a faciliatator. It's up to the parties at hand to come up with their own solution to the problem, and the moderator is there only to push them in the right direction and keep order.
-Sam!
Slaw
Loyal

Post by Slaw »

oh okay.