School Newspaper

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Re: School Newspaper

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

Thanks everyone for your support.

I made an appointment with the s/b. They are coming to my school to talk with me, my principal, and the journalism teacher.(in charge of paper)

:/ Im really nervous. I didnt think theyd COME to my school I thought Id just talk to them over the phone and maybe send them the paper and my complaints.

So yep next Tuesday...either this gets fixed for everyone or its gonna get much worse for the school...ahh the suspense!

*meep*
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Well, we're going to have to see. The ENTIRE school board? Wow. What you need to do is prepare a GOOD presentation. I'll help you.
-Sam!
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

If they're coming to speak with you and the principal and the journalism teacher, that tells me that the principal and journalism teacher are going to get in big trouble. If they thought it was nothing, they would have blown you off. You have nothing to worry about; just stick to your guns.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

geez that shouldnt even be like...allowed. u know wat i mean? wow...complain. write a contradicting article or wahtevr u call it!

xXx

Vicki
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET

jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Jess,

That's great. Congratulations on your wonderful success and thanks for standing up for what's right.
-Sam!
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Jess, probably the reason they were asking those "stupid" questions is because

a) They wanted to make sure you weren't just stirring up trouble.

b) They wanted to know if you were gay or not, which is a legit concern.

c) They wanted the teacher to hear it.

But, it sounds like they took the appropriate response. It shows that, not only do they have common sense, but they are very good people. The suspension of the teacher rather surprised me, but that could have been in response to the screaming.

You did an excellent thing. You stood up for what is right and showed them that you won't be intimidated by anyone (even if you were inside). There's no high school that doesn't have a gay person (open or closed), so, believe me, there's at least one person that is eternally greatful for what you did. I'm really proud of you. Keep it up.

Doug

PS When I left high school, the entire administration hated me (the teachers loved me, but principals and such didn't), so I have an idea of what it's like.
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
alnieve
Veteran

Post by alnieve »

Wow. You are very, very awesome. It takes alot of courage to take a stand for something that is so controversial in many people's eyes. Most people would never be able to dream of doing something so brave. I really look up to you for that.

And the outcome really pleases me. I'm glad that the school board saw your point and took action. It shows that despite the narrow-mindedness of most people, prejudice will not be tolerated. I think alot of people need to look at that.

Well anyways...great job on standing up for what's right.

Much Love,

alnieve
[CENTER]She would change everything[/CENTER]

[CENTER]for happy ever after.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Caught in the in-between,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]a beautiful disaster."http://asnowy.deviantart.com/gallery/"[/CENTER]
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

That's really awesome. It takes a really strong person to stand up to people like that, good for you!
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image