Help

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
sweethelp
Veteran

Help

Post by sweethelp »

does anyone have any tips to make your essay seem a lot longer?? b/c i forgot about this essay that i have to write and its due tomorrow now normally this would be no problem for me, BUT this is a very hard subject and its hard to find info on it. i also barely passed my math unit test i got a 64.5% if i had gotten a 64.4% i would've failed! so yeah im screwed!

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Re: Help

Post by Jaegermeister »

Courier new font. Basically, in Courier new, an "i" takes up the same amount of space as a "w".

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Helvetica takes up some space. Make sure the teacher doesn't require a certain font before you try padding it. Also a helpful hint, try 12.5 font. The naked eye can't tell the difference.
-Sam!
taintedl0ve
Loyal

Post by taintedl0ve »

If you have to double space it then don't make it 2.0 like you're supposed to. Do 2.3 or so. You can't really tell, but after a certain amount of lines, it makes a good difference. Or even if you don't have to double space it, still do it. And put a few extra spaces between your name and title and also between your title and the beginning of the essay. It's all about the subtle spaces. And, like everyone else said, use a different font.
I am watching your chest rise and fall

like the tides of my life,

and the rest of it all

and your bones have been my bedframe

and your flesh has been my pillow

I am waiting for sleep

to offer up the deed

with both hands
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Ah, the joys of tricking the teacher. Haha... I'll have to keep these in mind for when I actually have to start writing essays. Good luck Kimmy with your essay! Sorry to hear about your math!
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Well my essays are always too long because i am one that rambles and puts too much info in it and empasizes too much and use parralism...haha...

Hmm...

i would say bs your way through it...

But if oyu don't want to do that you can always slighly increase the space to like 1.2 so its not totally obvious its dbled space but its larger

~Jeff~
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by taintedl0ve@Nov 18 2004, 05:55 PM

If you have to double space it then don't make it 2.0 like you're supposed to. Do 2.3 or so. You can't really tell, but after a certain amount of lines, it makes a good difference. Or even if you don't have to double space it, still do it. And put a few extra spaces between your name and title and also between your title and the beginning of the essay. It's all about the subtle spaces. And, like everyone else said, use a different font.

I have to disagree there. I can very easily tell personally if something is more than double spaced, and it will be very apparent to a teacher.
-Sam!
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Go to File - Page Setup

Set the margins in just a bit. That can usually add a good amount.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hahah.

The teacher will KNOW if you use margins and shit like that.

I suggest you start throwing in random facts. For example, I wrote an essay yesterday and I was like, "Before Julius Caesar seized the throne in 27 BC" where I could have just written "Before Julius Casar seized the throne..."

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

haha....yeah writting in useless info that you remember is one way to impress the teacher and take up space :hug:

~Jeff~
Dobby
Loyal

Post by Dobby »

Man, I'd love to make it longer. The teacher told us to write a shot story, at least 2 pages, double spaces, and mine was twelve. Now when I have to limit my word usage, then I have a problem becasue I get way too descriptive. I mean, just look at how I'm writing now!! Oh well.
99.9% of putts left short never go in, and that applies to everything in life.[/b]
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »