Hero's

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Onigami
Loyal

Hero's

Post by Onigami »

Why is it that when some fat person loses weight, they are considered a hero, but when people who have been respecting their body from the start don't get n e credit?

Why is it that people who give up a drug habit, they are grand heros, but when people who made the choice never to get involved in self destrucitve acts get no credit?

Why are celebrities, and people in good shape, considered bad role models just because they respect there bodies enough to keep themselves at a healthy wieght?

Why is it when some juvenile deliquint or prisoner reforms, he is considers a great person, when the people who have been good in the first place get no credit?
Aimed low, settled for less.
pynkgodde55
Loyal

Re: Hero's

Post by pynkgodde55 »

You have no clue what you are talking about! Who are you to judge? Just because somebody isn't a size zero you can poke fun at them?! You are completely disrespectful. Some people can't help if they are over weight.

Edit - Careful babe. - Doug ;)
[center]Image[/center]

[center]Xanga/MySpace[/center][center]Wanna Know More about Jen?[/center]
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Yeah i see your point...

I mean i am a A and rarely B student but my brother is D / F student and one time he got a C and my ex-step-grandparents sent him a check for $150 and just said "congrats" to me...

~Jeff~
Onigami
Loyal

Post by Onigami »

Violation of General Rule #4 There will be no disrespect to others including but not limited to: Users, Administrators, Moderators, Super-Moderators, or anyone on these forums. This also means no pointing fingers. If you do not agree with the persons' opinion, you are expected to be open-minded and courteous to them.
pynkgodde55
Loyal

Post by pynkgodde55 »

Yeah! What about the people who eat right and don't lose any weight. You need to really research what you say because you couldn't be farther from the truth.
[center]Image[/center]

Onigami
Loyal

Post by Onigami »

Some people can't help if they are over weight.

Oh, and am i disrespectful for puttin long hours into gettin in shape to make my body as healthy as i can? Am i disrespectful for eating apples and sallads instead of chocolate and fatty food? Am i disrespectful for working hard at school to get good grades? Am i disrespectfull for not doin drugs? Am i disrepsectful for being the best i can be in everything i try? Am i disrespectful for caring enough for myself and the others around that i try and keep a postive attitude?

You go off and keep pretending that being fat isn't your own fault... you go off thinking that it isn't your fault u ate that fatty food, its brad pitts fault, or Jlo's fault. Cuz God forbid you blame something on yourself.

Just eating right doesnt do anything, you need to stay active. I was fat. Now im not because i had enough respect for myself to try and change that. Losing weight isn't easy, it takes alot of hard work and just eating right doesn't do it, you have to work for many months on it and never give up
pynkgodde55
Loyal

Post by pynkgodde55 »

Yes, I know it takes time. Hun, you really need to be nicer. I'm sorry but you aren't very nice and I don't like you right now. Telling me I'm fat. You don't know me. I know what its like and I'm telling you that its not nice to say people that are over weight are disrespectful to themselves and its their fault. Sometimes, it is genetic and a factor of the environment. Glad you work so hard on your life but I'm more into enjoying it then stressing myself out to be perfect.
[center]Image[/center]

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Onigami, you have to look at it like this:

Many of those people that are recovering from obesity, drug addiction, laziness, they are overcoming something really bad and really hard to overcome. That's a spectacular thing to do and people congratulate them accordingly. It's so hard to overcome an eating addiction or a drug addiction and for someone to actually be successful at overcoming something that they screwed up is a huge accomplishment for them and those around them.

Also, try not to group people together. Example: I am kinda overweight. Yeah, some of it is my fault. But, I was in real good shape until I got injured and I couldn't walk for six months. During that time, I gained a lot of weight and developed bad habits. Now that I've recovered from that injury, I find myself having a lot of trouble breaking the bad habits and getting back in shape. It's happening, but it's a long, hard road, even for someone that hasn't been in that position for a long time. I'm not obese, just overweight, but I can only imagine what it's like to be obese.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Onigami
Loyal

Post by Onigami »

Sry that you took that personally, but im using examples hypothetically.

You are a vegetarian, so you probably have respect for nature and your beliefs, and i respect that. But i don't respect people who put all of their troubles and make them someelses fault. I dont respect people who can't accept consequence. Its not like im some Nazi who hates everyone that isn't perfect. I just don't like it when people do things without thinking about the effects of their action.

And oh yea, i enjoy life, hard work is its own reward. I don't wanna be perfect, i just like to be the best that i can
Onigami
Loyal

Post by Onigami »

I agree that overcoming drugs must be hard, but you must admit that noone forced you to take that first puff or that first shot up your arm. NO one said they would kill you if u don't. Do you agree that ppl who make the decision to not do drugs and resist their temptation. should have just as much credit than the ppl who quit?
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

First, I want to say that I have never done drugs, so I'm kinda like an outsider looking in.

Now, while it is a very admirable thing to never do drugs, it's much, much harder to enter an addiction, then admit to yourself, "Hey, I screwed up," and then overcome that addiction. The addiction is powerful...it has eaten up a few of my friends as I'm sure you know people as well. It's so much harder to overcome an addiction than it is to avoid it in the first place and you have no place to be bitching and complaining about not getting enough congratulations for avoiding the drugs. That is an incredibly selfish attitude.

Doug
Onigami
Loyal

Post by Onigami »

HOw do you know? YOu have said yourself that you have never done drugs. How would you kno how hard it is?

Further more, it must be harder to avoid them, because it was obviously too hard for them to avoid doin them if they did them.

btw, don't you find it kind of funny that we are trying to insult and persuade each other online? Isn't that kinda of pathetic on both of our parts? Im gonna stop arguing because, and i hope u'll agree, if you think you are right, than you hsouldn't have to confrim it with someone else, or persuade any one else.
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

How do I know? Because I have a father that is addicted to tobacco. Because I have 5 cousins who I am very close to that are addicted to tobacco. Because I have one friend whose whereabouts I don't know because he's a druggie. He used to be my best friend and I couldn't do anything to help him. Because I knew all his friends and watched as they slipped into the same cycle. Because one of those friends was actually able to overcome drug addiction and I saw all the obstacles that he had to overcome to do it. That's why I fuckin know!

Yeah, it must be harder to avoid them, that's why most of those who are addicted want to get off them but can't do it no matter how much they hate it. [/sarcasm]

Doug

Edit - It's not pathetic for me to stand up for people that I care about and for all those that see this. It's not pathetic that I'm fighting your ignorance and arrogance. I"m not trying to confirm it with you; I'm not going to let that just pass me on by.
Spitfire
Veteran

Post by Spitfire »

I agree with Onigami to an extent. I think that people who overcome things like drugs or what not, should recieve just as much credit as those people who were able to withstand the pressure of drugs and have never done it. It doesnt seem right to call somebody a hero who stopped doing drugs, but not think any differently about somebody who has never done them.

The obesity thing...I dont think it is always entirely somebodys fault. Part of it can deal with genetics or the foods you were raised with.

But I agree with the drug things and I think you over re acted a little bit Punkgodd. The exampe Jeff gave doesnt seem fair at all. Those who are able to maintain a good grade should recieve the same amount of credit as those who worked hard to be able to get a C rather than a D.
Blame it on the yellow bananas..they just sit there..all..yellow-like!!

~FRODO THE FLYING PEANUT~

Post 200- Aug 10, 2004

Post 250- Aug 17, 2004

Post 300- Aug 23, 2004

Post 400- Sep 26, 2004

Post 500- Oct 26, 2004

Dont Make Me Eat Your First-Born Child!!
Onigami
Loyal

Post by Onigami »

Ok...this site is complete BS, you give me a warning for saying that people should put donw the littlte deebies and twinkies, but you call me and i quote

"It's not pathetic that I'm fighting your ignorance and arrogance."

This site is completely BS if i can be selectivily judged based on your past experiances.
wagon_wheel
Loyal

Post by wagon_wheel »

Originally posted by Onigami@Nov 19 2004, 02:53 PM

Why is it that when some fat person loses weight, they are considered a hero, but when people who have been respecting their body from the start don't get n e credit?

Why is it that people who give up a drug habit, they are grand heros, but when people who made the choice never to get involved in self destrucitve acts get no credit?

Why are celebrities, and people in good shape, considered bad role models just because they respect there bodies enough to keep themselves at a healthy wieght?

Why is it when some juvenile deliquint or prisoner reforms, he is considers a great person, when the people who have been good in the first place get no credit?
1. Its fucken hard to loose weight. Exspecially when eveyones putting you down or at least you feel that way. You can say "Go to the gym" but at many gyms overweight people are still laughed at or stared at...like why are they at the gym? They are also only considered "heros" by people who want to loose weight...just like people who respect there bodies are considered "heros" from people who are trying or want to respect there bodies really well.

2.Drug habits are fucken hard to give up! I don't do drugs and do find it unfair too that when ppl do quit drugs they get credit...but oh well. Once again people who give up drugs are usually only "heros" in the eyes of other drug users both current and past(theyve been through it too so know what it takes) People who have not done drugs are also "heros" in the eyes of many non-users and people who are trying to quit.

3.what the fuck? most celebraties(mainly females) are UNDER weight and just because your thin does NOT mean you are in good shape or take care of your body...so please don't make assumptions that because someone is skinny that there healthy. Some of those celebraties are working out 6hrs a day or eating only some kinda of certain food....which actually isn't healthy at all to do. And there usually not considered bad role models b/c of there body weight but b/c of the way they dress, act, things they say, etc. Everyone sees these celebraties being some size 3 or 4 and not everyone can be like that...think about it if those people were everyday people eating healthy and exercsing...most of them would not even be that small...I'm not saying that they would be huge...but there would be a little more to them.

4.They went through a ruff time in there life..I guess....its like they could still be doing whatever they were that was bad but have decided to stop. Deciding to stop doing something that has gotten you into trouble usually means loosing all friends either by your chose or there chose and just feeling lost b/c you have to start all over again.

You also need to start listening more to people around you and stuff...there are many people who will consider you a "hero" or "great person" for resisting these things. If you can't find anyone..then why don't you start telling people stuff like that...maybe it will get around and everyone will be "heros" and "great people"/
[center] "Hot glassware looks just like cold glassware."

"Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand."

^~^

=(o.o)=

(")_(")

[/center]
Sliver
Veteran

Post by Sliver »

this seems to be turning into a flame war. ok some of the points Onigami are good ones, but still. people tend to only notice sudden changes, such as a few months at most, but they dont notice things that have been the same way for quite a while. please, just drop the arguments, in this instance noone is right or wrong.
Sliver, A.K.A Tom/Tommy/Tommy Boy (thanks to Lisa and sweethelp)

Moderated with Sweethelp in Bullying forum from Oct 6 2003 to 2006 sometime.

Moderated in the Self Expression Forum and Computer forum mainly, along with the rest of the lounge, until December 2006.

ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Alright, this topic is just a bunch of arguing, and seems to have been created just to argue. This tope is now closed.

CLOSED NOV 19
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill