Conducting A Study

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
pynkgodde55
Loyal

Conducting A Study

Post by pynkgodde55 »

I am writing a research paper on Factory Farming. If you could post a little message on how you feel about factory farming. Particularly pay attention to the treatment of animals and the effects on the environment. If you think its good say so and explain why. If you think its bad, explain why. This is pure research to be used in my paper. If you don't want your name used say so and I will simply omit it. Any help you guys can provide will be a tremendous help to me. Thank you.
[center]Image[/center]

[center]Xanga/MySpace[/center][center]Wanna Know More about Jen?[/center]
pynkgodde55
Loyal

Re: Conducting A Study

Post by pynkgodde55 »

With the research I have conducted I feel that factory farming has a bad effect on our livestock and the environment.
[center]Image[/center]

[center]Xanga/MySpace[/center][center]Wanna Know More about Jen?[/center]
wagon_wheel
Loyal

Post by wagon_wheel »

Originally posted by pynkgodde55@Dec 3 2004, 02:50 PM

With the research I have conducted I feel that factory farming has a bad effect on our livestock and the environment.

[right][/right]

Is factory farming like big huge farms? Do ones that are small, like a family farm, count? I just want to make sure...so that I can give you a good answer.
[center] "Hot glassware looks just like cold glassware."

"Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand."

^~^

=(o.o)=

(")_(")

[/center]
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

I dont care as long as they aren't by me... But yeah I guess it can be bad in some ways, and good in some, too.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
belis
Loyal

Post by belis »

As with everythink there are pros and cons. It is cruel for animals and produce polution. On the other hands it provides for cheap food.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by belis@Dec 3 2004, 05:27 PM

As with everythink there are pros and cons. It is cruel for animals and produce polution. On the other hands it provides for cheap food.

[right][/right]

I agree.

I am against the cruelty that the animals are subjected to, yet...there were raised for the reason.

Both sides have equally good points. I am more for it, because I feel it benefits the American society as a whole. Do I believe factory farming is moral? No. But do we need it? Yes. There are some things in this world that we have to do in order to survive, and perhaps if we spent a little less money on war, we could find alternatives to huge factory farming. But until then - food is a necissity and we'll spend our money bombing other countries.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

Well Im really against animal cruelty and all this so I think they are a really bad idea. At the same time I know they are necessary...I just wish they would take a bit of time to find a better way.

*i dont think its necessary I explain that any more...Jenna already did it perfectly.*
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
candela
Needs Another Hobby

Post by candela »

Originally posted by belis@Dec 3 2004, 06:27 PM

[right][/right]

i totally disagree, it would also be cheaper if we didnt pay soldiers and forced em to fight and it be cheaper if the large businesses used slaves instead of paying workers butthat doesnt mean it happens because its cheap. Not to mention that becasue of the factory farming smaller farms and family farms have to close down and there now basiclly is no such thing as fresh produce its all chemically altered to suit our self destructive society. Our country could have moral values real farms and money if we stopped causing wars and if the president sdidnt make 400,000 some dollars a year. duh. - who need that much money - he doesnt have to buy ne thing - everything is handed to him. oh the hypocrisy of our society. Equality - what a laugh - so i totally disagree with this type of farming t might seem great for city poeple or people who dont realise the effects. people who live near them know. it smells , half the animals that go through there arent used becuase they pump so many chemicals in them that humans cant eat em and they pack them in with way to many other animals. not to mention that a malfunction with the sewage tanks could cause serious water poulltionamd illnes and fatalies to the surrounding people. and could sprout diseases which would effect others not just locals --- oh we are connected - relly u just have to look - they are terrible terrible creations which should be banned
</>Luck and Love to all</>

PM me if ya need anything

"It doesn't matter what other people say, or think when you see nothing in the mirror."
wagon_wheel
Loyal

Post by wagon_wheel »

I don't like factory farming.

I have seen, curtosy of PETA..lol.., alot of animals being harmed and

treated bad....all by factory farms..or at least they had LOTS of animals bunched in small spaces...wjhich usually means factory farm.

Small farms are better. In most situations(like every farm I've ever been to) the animals can roam freely in a large area, are fed and treated good. On some farms, like my uncles, they even butcher..which is even better because you know the person who is preparing your food, you can see the conditions the animals live in, you know where it comes from and you can usually get a pretty good deal.

Small farms could work too...just think of all the small farms that had to shut down because of big farms...well they would still be here and more (from the younger generations which are not farming as much anymore) and there could definetly be enough animals for everyone.

As for the environment part...I can't say too much..since I don't know that much about the water and chemical stuff other ppl have talked about. What I can say is that on small farms the land is treated better because it is not over ran by the animals (theres enough food for them) and it grows better because of this non-overeating.
[center] "Hot glassware looks just like cold glassware."

"Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand."

^~^

=(o.o)=

(")_(")

[/center]