Someone Convince Me To Care...

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Adnama
Veteran

Someone Convince Me To Care...

Post by Adnama »

I love english. English is one of my best and favorite subjects.

I'm in AP English- great class, I'm learning alot... but the work load is DROWNING ME!

I'm on the verge of failing english- i've never failed a class in my life [especialy english!]

There was once a time when I'd be ready to kill my self over such a thing [heak, i wouldn't have let my self get this close to failing in the first place]. This year.... I don't care. I dunno what's wrong with me. I have seniorits and I'm only a junior!

And I'm supost to be the nerd! I'm such a slacker this year though.... I'm so depressed actually, that I don't care. I can't bring my self to care about this class, or about school, or my future.

I have two essays that are due tomorrow. If I turn them in I'll pass [well, if I pass my semester exam anyway, which I should.] If I don't, I -WILL- fail no doubt about it.

I don't wanna do the essays. My mind goes blank every time I look at the blank Word screne. I can't bring my self to care a whole lot... I know that I'll probably regret that attitude in the event I do fail [God I have speech and debate and theater eligiability to think about....] but... right now... I DON'T CARE.

GAH!
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
5a5
Veteran

Re: Someone Convince Me To Care...

Post by 5a5 »

ya school does suck in many ways, but u have to kinda force urself to care a little, i didnt to at one point ( last semester actually, i was a college sophomore), i decided screw everything i didnt study and i failed a class, idk that woke me up in many ways, people tend to judge u based on that,and it just turns into a lot of crap, so why not take two hours get the essays over with and be done with it?
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

hun i am in the same boat as you are...

im in the highest eng. (honors) and im not doing too hott and i have gotten to the pt. when i just want to give up...

but what motivates me to at least do a tad better is to relize that this is only a short time and it does effect the rest of your life...

Sometimes when it comes to esssays i start bullshitting and the bullshitting leads to actual stuff and it pulls together (just make sure you remember to tie in the bullshitting...so it doesn't just stand out...haha...)

*cough* this method helped me get 8th place in honors w/ a 798 on essay in Academic Decathlon! :)

Hun, just remember that shortly all this chaos will be over and it will be you there and if you give up you will regret it forever...

Just hang in there

:hug:

~Jeff~
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Well, you can look at this in two ways. Either you do it because you WANT to, or you don't because you don't want to.

I'm in IB. I don't know if you know what that is, but it's a REALLY hard cirriculum that's higher than AP.

I love it. I love school, I love being challenged. There are times when I look at my workload and I go, "Fuck, I don't want to do this. I should just drop out and go back to normal classes."

But then I look at myself, and my intelligence, and I know that I LIKE being challenged, as much as a I bitch about it. I'm so THANKFUK for my intelligence, and I know that what most kids find extraordinarily hard comes easily to me.

Although it's hard, I feel that it SHOULD be hard. I SHOULD be challenged. If I weren't, then I'd be bored, and I'd hate that. I can't imagine sitting in a normal class day after day and not do anything and still get an A. I LOVE being challenged, and you should too, if you're in AP.

If you don't REALLY don't care, then don't do it, but know that you are throwing away an amazing future. Life isn't easy. You can't just go out and NOT do things. Life is there to challenge you, and you should take it seriously.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
candela
Needs Another Hobby

Post by candela »

im in honors too - the thing that motivates me the most is that no one believes that im smart enough to be in the class so i do it jsut to prove em wrong.

And the second best motivation for me is that this is my second year with this teacherso he knows how i work and my writing style and such and he can tell when im slipping and he asks me whats wrongall the time becaus im slacking so that makes me wanna do better since i hate when the school is nosey.

As for the senioritis dont worry i have it and m only a sophmore. lol
</>Luck and Love to all</>

PM me if ya need anything

"It doesn't matter what other people say, or think when you see nothing in the mirror."
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

*sighs* Well, I didn't do it.

The teacher first took me to go talk to the theater teacher- if I don't do the reading assignment over christmas than they won't let me do One Act compition.

Then I had to call my mom. That was kind of intersting. I told her what happend, she says "well, don't do that again... are you going to be late tonight? I made soup." So yeah...

Any way, I'm just praying that after christmas holiday I'll rechrage a bit and beable to apply my self...

I use to love school, and I loved being chalanged, and I loved my AP classes. I'm just haveing trouble with the work right now... *sighs*
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/