Finals!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
jess_617
Veteran

Finals!

Post by jess_617 »

Okay yep I have finals coming up! The 21st and 22nd! CRAP! Not that Im worried about my grades just that I really hate tests and my schedule sucks!! Observe..

21st

Geometry..8:00-11:07

Biology..12:15-3:10

(these are my two least favorite classes. I hate them with a burning passion and can only wish that the world is destroyed and all traces of these subjects are wiped out forever!!)

22nd

English 9 Honors..8:00-11:07

Band..12:15-3:10

What in the hell are we supposed to do in those classes for three stickin hours?! We are supposed to study the first half and then take the test the second half but I dont study. Ive never studied and at the rate Im going I never will study!

So yep Im going to go insane! I have about the shortest attention span of anyone I know. How am I going to do this? ARGH!!

end rant<<

*you can expect another rant either the night before or the night of the finals. :P*
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
5a5
Veteran

Re: Finals!

Post by 5a5 »

lol ya i had finals too, college finals - all 5 of them ! i barely slept for two weeks and i'm so exhausted right now, freaking out about grades cause the finals were hard as hell, so ya hang in there soon it'd be over and u can sleep :)
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Yep, finals are starting for me too. First one is on Tuesday...well, its not really a final, but a midterm for a year long course. I'm done on the 20th.

POL S 210A - History of Political Thought - December 15, 2-4.

ECON 101 - Introduction to Microeconomics - December 16, 2-4

HIST 261 - Post-Confederation Canada - December 18, 2-4

HIST 112 - The Modern World - December 20, 2-4

I love not having exams in the morning. Afternoons good for being awake. I need to get fairly decent on all of these too...
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

Good luck to both of you. Finals suck...and they make me sleepy...and neurotic.

:)
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Lol, I think you guys should relax. Usually, for me anyway, it's just another test. I'm moderately stressed about 2 of my 4, but it's nothing to lose sleep over.

OI
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

^^^^ that's nuts, idk maybe ur school is different but in mine the final is usually around 45% of the final grade, so ya i lost a loooooot of sleep over that :)
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

I have 9 classes to study for... Eeek and they messed the schedule up so now I have to study differently and grrrrrrrrr evil finals. Mine start tuesday..... Hopefully I dont fall asleep lol.
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

god i HATE finals... This year, they are making us stay the whole day instead of half a day like we usually get... But yeah, Im like you, I have a really short attention span and i dont study either... Write notes, or read a magazine or anything like that... orr, just skip that part of the day and walk in right when the test is? lol
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

I had my finals this past week. Four of them. I'm probably more like Doug, I tried not to sweat them too much and I would study periodically and prepare myself with LOTS of breaks in between. If you start stressing these tests, you'll invariably do worse than you could.

If you have anything to go off of as far as a study guid or notes... get a friend and both of you look over the material. Have them just start testing you (or vice versa) on the material. I personally find that I learn better when I test someone else and teach them the material even when I don't know it so well. If you or the person sdoesn't know the answer, hint at it and then give it to them and then come back to the question periodically. This was really helpful for my psych exams.

Rest and breakfast in the morning, lunch in between will do you good.

Best wishes on your finals, I know they can be a stresser. Go in there confident with the material you know.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Haha, cool.

My finals are in January, but I've started studying already.

Yeah...I AM a loser who enjoys schoolwork. :P

Cheers,

Jenna

P.S. Good luck, though. I'm a good test taker, so like Doug, I just view it as another test. It's not that hard if you know the material.
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

Im not even really worried..I get worried AFTER I take the test right before I get my grades. I just really hate tests cuz they are soo annoying and pointless. Then theres the three hours in each class..pure hell.

Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

Use to be nice... during finals we'd go to school from 9-2, take two tests [2 hours each and lunch] and get to go home.

This year though the district thinks we're going to go out and get introuble... so we're staying there all day [8:30-3:45]... still takeing two tests each of 4 days...

I shutter to think what we're going to do in like... journalism or... computer aided drafting [his tests take like... a half hour] for three stinking hours.

Finals in general though, are just another test for me. I'm mildly freaking over physics and english though [both on tuseday- first day] Physics because I'm terrible at physics, and english because i've slacked off all semester and have to basicly get a perfect score on my final to pass. Ahhhh
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

if anyone wants to come and vent to me, im here.

good luck, and keep updating.....
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.