Algebra 2 Teacher

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
jess_617
Veteran

Algebra 2 Teacher

Post by jess_617 »

Okay yes today in class we were grading our homework which was simple but there was this one question and it was so dumb and unimportant. Something like put labels to this algebraic story problem or something like that. Hmm yeah well I did that but apparently she wanted it some specific way and I didnt do it right. No one did actually. She wanted us to like add a key for the labels and something else. Yep dumb. She didnt tell us and we all missed it. It was worth 21 points. I got 13/21 because she decided that that particular question was worth eight points.

I was sooo mad. How unfair is that? I mean seriously! She told us to look in the back of the book for reference if we dont know what to do and according to the book I had it right but because my teacher is a prude I got a D on that paper. And that makes me mad because the homework is the failsafe. Fail a test and with too many bad grades in homework, Ill get a bad grade. Now Im stressing and I hate my teacher.

Sorry Im just ranting but thanks if you bothered to read this. :)
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
Dark
Loyal

Re: Algebra 2 Teacher

Post by Dark »

Ugghh, hun, I have a similar problem with my algebra II teacher...She gives us like, these really easy problems in examples when we're learning something new, then blasts through the lesson in about five minutes, and then the homework is like, sixty times harder than the examples, and she expects us to know how to work them...And math is my personal worse subject...

So yeah, I defnitiely know where you're coming from.. :huh: We both need new Algebra II teachers! :P *hugs*
Beautiful:I thought this was helping teens.. not i wanna be a whore, profit my videos?
Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

eeek...I have the opposite problem. I always like my teachers too much. Especially young male teacher....hmm but yeh I know how you feel as Ive had terribly mean horrible icky teachers in the past too. If she picks on you individually then you need to tell another teacher or head-teacher. If its just that shes mean in general then perhaps u shud get a group of people together and talk to HER about it. If she doesn't change, then get a bigger group and go to the headmaster/director.
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET

Omi
Loyal

Post by Omi »

that's not cool. As long as you get the answers correct, you should at least get a B or something. Math solutions can be derived in many different ways. She shouldnt use hers as the standard procedure to work the problem. :wacko: