Tok Essay

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
scarred_for_life
Loyal

Tok Essay

Post by scarred_for_life »

ok the question is...to what extent are emotions and reason separate entities/things? i shall be screwed if i dont finish this tonight...:S help me please, if u can!!!! thanx a lot!
He swears he didn't mean to...he was just cleaning it and then it went off...:)
alnieve
Veteran

Re: Tok Essay

Post by alnieve »

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but...

Emotion is based on our own feelings, and cannot be proved. Reason is based on factual information, and is true beyond a reasonable doubt. Both are used to make decisions, but reason is what is logically correct. Emotion is what we believe, or how we feel about something.

I've probably just made a fool of myself. *shrugs* I hope this helped...

Amanda
[CENTER]She would change everything[/CENTER]

[CENTER]for happy ever after.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Caught in the in-between,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]a beautiful disaster."http://asnowy.deviantart.com/gallery/"[/CENTER]
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Oh gosh!

More IB students!! Hahaha, we should all start an IB cult. :P

If I were writing this essay, I'd define emotion and reason, and then explain that reason is based upon emotion. You cannot make choices unless have a certain feeling for doing it, whereas emotion doesn't have causes. Or rather, it does, but the causes aren't as clear as with reason. Emotions are often blind, and many people cannot explain why they feel that way. An example is human sexuality. It is an emotion, but we cannot reason why we are of a certain sexual orientation.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
outplaced88
Loyal

Post by outplaced88 »

Originally posted by Paris In Flames@Feb 3 2005, 06:42 PM

Oh gosh!

More IB students!! Hahaha, we should all start an IB cult. :P

If I were writing this essay, I'd define emotion and reason, and then explain that reason is based upon emotion.? You cannot make choices unless have a certain feeling for doing it, whereas emotion doesn't have causes.? Or rather, it does, but the causes aren't as clear as with reason.? Emotions are often blind, and many people cannot explain why they feel that way.? An example is human sexuality.? It is an emotion, but we cannot reason why we are of a certain sexual orientation.

Cheers,

Jenna

[right][/right]

Hey I'm not in IB but I'm in AVID and AP and I had to write this essay last year I forget what I wrote though I think it was something different then u though Jenna. Ne way I'll go see if I still have the essay saved somewhere. It may be able to help. Be back in a little.

Nicole :unsure:

Oh sry just realized that u needed it by last night. My bad :lamo:
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

I said ToK essay and had a bit of a seizure. haha. I made the only A starting out on the essay last year, but damn those things suck...I guess it's too late to help you now, but what she suggested above was good :). ToK essays like definitions and logical structure and clear points. <3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.