Omg

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Omg

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

Ok. I know this may not seem like a big deal for some people, but to me it was...

Ok, our school "adopted" this rule. If you leave your backpack, or anything else for that matter, in the hall... you have to pay a dollar to get it back. Yeah...

So yesterday, I left my backpack in the hall, because I'm in band... and all of the band students do this because there is no need for us to take our backpacks to band. Anyway, I had to borrow a freakin dollar from someone just so I can get it back.

What I wanna know is... where is all of this fucking money going? Are they keeping it for themselves? And... is this even LEGAL?

I mean, some people aren't even going to be ABLE to get their backpacks back because they don't HAVE a dollar!!!! I know a dollar doesn't seem like much... but GAH!!!

Has anything like this happened in your school?
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.
Beautiful
Veteran

Re: Omg

Post by Beautiful »

what the hell is america comming to. thats so effing stupid. no, thats never happened here. i don't know if they can do that legally though. tell your mom about it, and get other people to tell them about it. start a protest or something, or bitch out the school admins. thats so lame.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
heavens_sorrows
Loyal

Post by heavens_sorrows »

That is pretty fuckin stupid. Then again no one leaves backpacks in the hallway at our school... we keep them in our lockers... or in the classrooms... either way though, i would protest. Let's do it... PROTEST PROTEST!!

~*~Valerie~*~ :furious:
~If you listen to your heart when it <span style=\'color:blue\'whispers you'll never have to hear it scream~[/b]
lordoftheunderworld
Loyal

Post by lordoftheunderworld »

wow that is the fucking stupidest thing i have ever heard. i mean what is so wrong with leaving them in the hallways. we do that for back and were ok. i have band first hour and we get like mc donalds and wendys and stuff and eat it out in the hall while were suppose to be in class and we never get fined. its so lame that they do that and they cant by llaw yeah i dont think its leagal at all.
<div class=\'quotetop\'QUOTE<div class=\'quotemain\' the world hates to hate but doesnt love the only thing that keeps us going is the relization that we are only one and we can do nothing. why does it hurt then if i see her go why do i end up in pain if i walk away. what made this so hard what pushed us so far. please tell me the reason for it all.
if any of u wonder about if there is a god and if he will do anything the answer is no. he hates u all. mwahahahahahaha im just joking u god loves u all i just wanted to see if any one reads these quotes.
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Maybe it is though... I don't know. No offence to any one who lives in Texas but they have some pretty fucked up laws.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by Beautiful@Feb 10 2005, 11:39 AM

Maybe it is though... I don't know. No offence to any one who lives in Texas but they have some pretty fucked up laws.

[right][/right]

Hey, okay, everybody stop bashing things that don't have anything to do with this post. It's not a Texas law, it's school law.

The next person to say something out of line will be warned. Quit being melodramatic.

As for you backpack - that's a weird rule. I don't know, a dollar isn't that much, but money adds up. Go ask the office where the money is going. If they don't know, ask the principle. It's probably going towards educational purposes, since schools do have to write out where all the money they get comes from and what it goes towards. They couldn't afford a bad audit.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

Its not illegal. Schools are allowed to impose rules like that in order to better the school environment. (as long as its not really out there...like 50 dollars for littering in the halls or something dumb like that.) Its the equivalent to a detention..the difference is detentions take up time, this rule takes up money. Either way its to make doing something like this an inconvenience. I really doubt there is all that much you can do about it though. Just dont leave your stuff in the hallways.
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

Yeah. I found out that, unfortunately, it's legal. I talked to a teacher about it today, and he said there's nothing I can do about it.

Where Joey (aka Dark) goes to school at, (which is like 10 minutes away from me), when they get their cell phones taken up, then have to pay $15 to get them back... so...yeah. It's legal, and unfortunately, there's really no way to "beat the system" on this one. *sigh*
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.
Dark
Loyal

Post by Dark »

Not only that, but we get a Saturday D-hall, and we get written up on a conduct notice (which doesn't let us get into/be in NHS anymore). But, yeah hun...Your school is just weird like that...You should just come here! :P
Beautiful:I thought this was helping teens.. not i wanna be a whore, profit my videos?
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I think that that is dumb!

But im guessing its going toward like school improvements - aka - cleaning the halls, etc...

I dunno...my school is soo small, we leave our backpacks and shit everyhwer...i mean we leave our books in like a classroom before lunch and we can just pick it up before out next class...

thats one beneifit of going to a small school...

but htat $1 thing is crap...and i mean if you don't have a dollar how are youn gunna do your hw???

very dumb....haha

~Jeff~
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I think its pretty stupid having to pay $1 to get your bag back if you leave it in the hallway, but its probably to stop people doing it so that they take their stuff with them so their stuff won't get stolen and so people won't trip over the bags (health and safety purposes). So there is some logic in it. I guess the money is going to the school for like to get new books etc.

A pretty stupid rule we had once in high school was that one week we would have history and then the next week we would have geography, the exact same lesson we had history the week before. If we thought it was geography and did'nt bring in our history stuff for the history lesson we had to pay 50p. The money got sent to charity as well which I guess is good lol.

Just don't leave your bag in the hallway next time!!!!

Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

I think my school had that too at a point. The dollar for leaving your bags in the hallways. Nobody does it at my school now.

What happens is if teachers/administrators/the evil discipline man sees a bag left in the hall, he usually takes it to his office. You have to pay to get it back.

At my junior high, people used to leave their bags out, and as a result their bags were confiscated and locked up. THey had to wait to get them back.

I think it is a smart thing because

A) It couldj get lost/stolen

B) The bag is a safety hazard because people can trip. It can also be a hazard if, for example, there is a fire drill and people are walking quickly...someone tripping then could be very dangerous.

C) In my opinion, bags left out in hallways for no reason tend to be suspicious. Who knows. It could be a bomb, have a gun, have drugs, etc? Not that it will. Still it is smart to confiscate just in case.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone looked in the bag even, just to make sure it didn't have unsafe stuff

But that is irrelevent.

Just use your lockers, people, and then there'd be no problems.

And if you have band practice, can't you take your bag inside the practice room and put it to the side?

IMHO
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
DaisyLips
Loyal

Post by DaisyLips »

yea, that is pretty stupid... but yea... at my school we have to wear ids around our neck visable at all times and if we dont have it when we walk into class we get sent straight to d-hall... but yea... at least yalll have lockers... no lockers for us...to many bomb threats

***SHSU Education Major... Wish Me Luck :)... '10***

***He Didnt Mean To Hurt Me, But I Ment To Hurt Myself*** ~~For PostSecert~~

***I Love You Mitchell***