Should I?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Should I?

Post by SirPostAlot »

Hey! :)

I am in a delmei right now...

I want to venture into the business career and in college i am going to double major: Finance and Business Management (its a 15 credit difference to do both then to only do 1, so i figured i should do both)...

Well my question is this: at my school we are getting ready to do scheduals (i am currently a highschool junior going into my senior year) and i was wondering if i should take business calc?

Mathamatics i love...algerbra i was ok w/...but in trig im not the best and i know business calc. is like advanded trig + more shit...

I am going to take Accounting 2 as my math next year but i was just wondering if you all think i should try Business Calc. too? Like do you think it would be needed in the finance and business management career?

~Jeff~

THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH!!! :hug:
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Re: Should I?

Post by Paris In Flames »

Absolutely. Get as much of a head start as you can babe. When I graduate high school, I will have taken 7 years of science (Out of that is 4 years worth of University level Biology and Chemistry) and 5 years of advanced math. I want to be a biochemist...so it all works out.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Do it. You'll probably want some sort of a background. Taking a uni calc prep course in g12 saved my ass in intro uni calc.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

:( but i don't wannna take it...haha...

i mean i hate (w/ a passion) trig and i know calc. will be just like trig...

:( are you sure its NEEDED???

~Jeff~

P.S. 4600th post! :dancing:
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

eh if you take an Advanced Placement math you get college credit for it -MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
Dobby
Loyal

Post by Dobby »

Jeff, allow me to say a few words. Trig delt a lot with angles and sin cos and tan right? (well at least i has for me when I took it) Clac deals a lot more with your rules of algebra, and I'm serious. There is a lot of algebra in Calc where as in Trig there was more Geometry or so it seemed. Just my two cents.
99.9% of putts left short never go in, and that applies to everything in life.[/b]
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

go for it jeff!

it can't hurt to get college creds and try something new and advanced.

you may love it, you won't know until you try!

so go for it!

best of luck. :)

ps-post 600!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Feb 22 2005, 09:58 PM

:( but i don't wannna take it...haha...

i mean i hate (w/ a passion) trig and i know calc. will be just like trig...

:( are you sure its NEEDED???

~Jeff~

P.S. 4600th post! :dancing:

[right][/right]

ahaha Jeff I love you! :P

Im going through something similar. I am supposed to take Pre-Calc next year and thats my last year of required math!! Excited! Anyways..Ive been told to take calculus and I really, REALLY dont wanna! haha Im doing good in Algebra 2 but I hate it with a passion! It requires entirely too much thinking! lmao

Im not sure if Im taking calc or not because I wont need it for the career Im pursuing. (psychology) You on the other hand should take it. Get ahead and youll be really happy you did. Dont worry babe youll do just fine! ;)

Jessi
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Ok i talked to the G.C. and she said that i can't take both honors english 12 and business calc....

so im going for honors english 12...cuz even if i took business calc i wouldn't get the credits for college ~-~ tahts only scientific calc...

~Jeff~