Well Who Knows With Me.

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
lordoftheunderworld
Loyal

Well Who Knows With Me.

Post by lordoftheunderworld »

ok i have absolutely no idea where this would go. um but i just have question for some people. u see i was messed up preety bad when i was younger and i mean like cuts broken bones everything. i mean my body was covered in scars. i used to do a lot of illegal fighting tournaments and stuff, so my body after a couple of years was realy messed. well i allways hid it, like i would wear pants and long sleeve stuff or a coat all the time. it was just weird to be the only kid whos body was nothing but scars and plates. i lost part of my left shoulder blade, it had to be replaced with alloy. u see the reson im telling u all this is because i was stupid but i allways pushed on but after a certain point i became misserable because i allways knew what my body looked like so i paid to have skin graffing and have my scars all removed. it was my way of hiding from my past and trying to forget it. but ever since then i have missed them, i know that sounds weird but its like a guilt thing, like i did those things, i commited horrible acts and those were my reminders and yet i selfishly got rid of them while others will never be able to. so i dont know im asking if any one else is like this or has had there body coverd like mine and if u have did u keep them and whats it like to have them. iv allways regretted not having them so im sorta thinking about comming back and finishing what i started a long time ago. so i dont know i guess im just asking for opinions here. be as brutally honest as u have to, its fine ill listen.
<div class=\'quotetop\'QUOTE<div class=\'quotemain\' the world hates to hate but doesnt love the only thing that keeps us going is the relization that we are only one and we can do nothing. why does it hurt then if i see her go why do i end up in pain if i walk away. what made this so hard what pushed us so far. please tell me the reason for it all.
if any of u wonder about if there is a god and if he will do anything the answer is no. he hates u all. mwahahahahahaha im just joking u god loves u all i just wanted to see if any one reads these quotes.
archers_angel
Veteran

Re: Well Who Knows With Me.

Post by archers_angel »

I don't think you should feel guilty for getting rid of your scars. You said yourself that they made you miserable, and the most important thing is that you should be happy.

You shouldn't have to carry round horrible reminiders of the past, and be forced to look at them everyday. You had a chance to get rid of yours, and I say Good For You!

Move on, be glad you're not covered in scars, and stop feeling guilty for removing them. Don't attach too much sentimental value to your injuries- be glad to be rid of them, and move on.
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

I have scars on my body from cutting. somedays i forget they are there. otherdays i am really self concious of them. I hate that they are there, and i wish they would go away. I know i can never make them go away. When i go to job interviews, i am embarrassed and i wonder if they interviewer noticeses them. I know one day i am going to have to explain to my future boyfriend how i got them and why i did it. i am ashamed of them. But if i had the chance to make them go away i wouldnt. They are a reminder that something in my life was so painfull, that i couldnt deal with it any other way. I was isolated and alone, and i had no one to talk to. It was a time in my life when no one would listen to my plea for help. I had been asking for help since i was 16 and no one would listen to me. it is a constant reminder of what people did to me, and what i do not want to do to others. i look at my arms and legs, and i also see hope. Hope for the cycle of abuse to stop, hope for my children to have a normal life. as much as i may be embarassed by them and ashamed by them, i use them as a reminder not to take the same route as others did. it may sound stupid and lame. but i dont want to screw up as badly as my parents.
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
JazzIsLove
Loyal

Post by JazzIsLove »

If those scars were reminders of a painful part of your past, and you want to move forward with your life, then it was a wonderful idea to get rid of them. We don't need to carry burrdenful things around for the rest of our lives as reminders of a painful time.. we get rid of them. Just as some people rid themselves of certain memories, accessories, anything really, yours just happened to be on your body--therefor slightly harder to remove.

I think, if it made you happy, then that's all that matters. If you're less miserable, you'll make others around you less miserable also..so it's not entirely selfish. Besides, we take care of ourselves first, then we are in our best shape to help others :)
~ALLIE~

What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you're saying

In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true

Brent <3 4/12/05