I Just Dont Get It

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
cuteandplayful
Loyal

I Just Dont Get It

Post by cuteandplayful »

This may seem like a dumb thing to make a topic for but I'm 5'7" and I have long legs. (surprise right?) anywho.. I cannot run fast for the life of me and I really dont get why. it bugs me tho, because dont people with long legs usually run fast? i dont get it.. if anyone else does, let me know.
It seems to be that on Oct. 14, 2006, I'll be bring my own lil blessing into this world. I'm so happy, I will do everything to make sure my baby has everything good! It makes my heart ache, I cant wait! I know it wont always be perfect, but we'll make the best out of every moment. Its worth it.

I'm deeply in love with someone who makes the world make sense.

You know when you love someone, you cant explain why, it all just makes sense in a crazy way. Its addicting but it makes you open your eyes and live for who and what you are. There is just something about the way they make you feel, it just opens your heart and makes you love. You cant control it, the emotions you feel. For me, it makes me a happier, brighter person. I'm grateful for this.
Michie
Veteran

Re: I Just Dont Get It

Post by Michie »

Personally, I don't think that if you have longer legs you are necessarily supposed to be able to run faster.

Maybe your regular walk is faster than other people though, since long legs usually mean longer strides.

I don't know exactly what to say or what you want to hear. Sorry. I'll try.

But not everyone is a runner. Cardiovascular health, endurance and other things are involved in running. It takes a lot of practice and work to be a dedicated, good runner. But if you were willing to do that I think you could do it.

I hope this somewhat answers your question.
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

Just because you have long legs, it doesn't mean you'll be a fast runner. Being a good runner means you have to work up to it- you have to work up the muscles in your legs and rest of your body, you have to work up your stamina, work on your breathing patterns. Everything you do will eventaully add up- theres nothing tha tyou can do that you'll be automatically amazing at.

If you want to be a good runner, work at it. Your long legs will definately help you with that though.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

If you can't run quickly it is most likely you are out of shape or you are not using proper form.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
cuteandplayful
Loyal

Post by cuteandplayful »

thanks you guys, you helped. lol, i know i should work at it. I am going to start soon. My dad went to afganistan on wed. so we got our Military I.D.'s which allow us to get in free to one of the gyms at our local college. I'm going to start riding the bikes and doing other various things. I just recently quit smoking so now that I can breathe again I'm more motivated to get in shape and I cant wait. :thumbsup:
It seems to be that on Oct. 14, 2006, I'll be bring my own lil blessing into this world. I'm so happy, I will do everything to make sure my baby has everything good! It makes my heart ache, I cant wait! I know it wont always be perfect, but we'll make the best out of every moment. Its worth it.

I'm deeply in love with someone who makes the world make sense.

You know when you love someone, you cant explain why, it all just makes sense in a crazy way. Its addicting but it makes you open your eyes and live for who and what you are. There is just something about the way they make you feel, it just opens your heart and makes you love. You cant control it, the emotions you feel. For me, it makes me a happier, brighter person. I'm grateful for this.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

Good luck to you! It's great that you want to get in shape and I admire you for quitting smoking and trying to get healthy!
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Look at me for example: I am 6' and my legs are pretty long too, not to mention pretty strong (last I maxed on leg press was somewhere near 1000 lbs). But, the muscles in my legs are endurence muscles, they are not good at the fast twitch that running (sprinting) really requires. I also have weak knees that can't take the high impact of running. But I do have a much longer gait than the normal person. This is just a theory, but I have the feeling that muscle use really develops as you are growing up, so if you use muscles to run a lot, you will grow up to be a good runner, whereas you and dad go out and throw the baseball a lot when you're young, your muscles will develop with hand eye coordination, things like that. Keep in mind that muscles are trained for specific uses, and it sounds to me like your legs just aren't trained for running.

tJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.