First Topic

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
enragedessence17

First Topic

Post by enragedessence17 »

Umm yea this is my first time on this site i found it on a web journal i have where i post poems n stuff about my problems http://www.xanga.com. I recently met this really awesome girl n i want to stop cutting for her i just think its time to stop. I realize how addictive it is tho its like a drug. I have to admit i actually like the feel of it i just dont know what to do anymore its getting really hard if u have any suggestions please fire away. i really care about this girl i dont want to freak her out ya know.
FranklinF
Veteran

Re: First Topic

Post by FranklinF »

this should be moved to self harm ............

but you know you need tell her (and yourself for that matter) that cutting isnt good and use eachother to lean on as you try to get better-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
turtbub
Veteran

Re: First Topic

Post by turtbub »

It's great that you want to stop cutting.

That's awesome.

I suggest every time you want to cut, go into a public place or something where people are watching and you can't.

If you have to be alone, start doing something that occupies your hands. Squeeze a pillow, really really hard. That often helps.

Good luck, dear. You can do it!

:hug: Hannah

ps-mods, move to self harm?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.