Sudden Change

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Sudden Change

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

Now I know your teen years are probably when you change the most, constantly. But lately I've noticed a gigantic change on the way I've been. Now, I used to be so shy, embarassed to do anything stupid, just... insecure. But last night, I went to a dance and I just completely let go. I was dancing sooo dirty with like 3 different guys. I've just suddenly realized that I like to socialize and dance and "party" and all that stuff. So, why am I just now realizing this? I used to be one of those "I hate people" persons. Even the music I like is starting to change. It's weird.

Maybe I'm looking too much into this though, because last night I was really trying to have fun because my b/f is on his senior trip and I didn't want to be thinking and worrying about him all night. So, maybe that's it... or maybe I really am changing.

I think I just have split personalities or something. heh.
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.
junglemonkey
Veteran

Re: Sudden Change

Post by junglemonkey »

Omg...

You just described me a year ago lol... I used to be really afraid of doing embarassing things in front of people etc, and when I went to the afterdance with my mates at Christmas I just totally let go and it felt seriously amazing lol, it was so unusual for me.

Before that I was into rock music. Now I love rnb and dance and all that good stuff, "happy" music as I like to call it. Now when I go to parties instead of hiding in the corner hoping not to be noticed, I never leave the dancefloor :P It's great!

Sometimes you just need that positive experience to let go I think. Don't worry about making this change, embrace it :) I found it confusing at first but it was a really good "change"!
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

Yeah, I liked it last night. I had a lot of fun... and I could tell people were like "What the fuck is she doing?". Heh. I'm not really known for getting "crazy"...but eh, I had fun and that's all that matters. :D
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

I think it's great that you let go and had fun. You're right, being a teenager is all about exploring different sides of yourself and pushing your limits and having a blast.

It's good you were dancing dirty and having fun and not being self concious or caring what people thought, that's a WONDERFUL quality to possess.

And I'm very proud of you for getting over the "I hate people" Jessica and becoming the "I love me" Jessica. :)

Just be careful you don't let go too much and do something you'll regret.

But right now, it's just great that you're so comfortable in your own skin.

:hug: Hannah
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
Draco
Loyal

Post by Draco »

Hey, I can actully relate to this! Ironically it happened when I got my concussion...

Before I had it I was really really shy, never went out, only drove to go to school and home, anytiem else I was in front of my computer. After my concussion (from wrestling) I completly changed, I'm no where near as shy, I'm brutally honest (I don't lie at all nowadays and that gets me into some trouble cause I say what's on my mind) I go out and socialize with friends. Nowdays I can't stand to sit around the house all day, I wanna be moving and whatnot, also I think that once I got a job and my parents decided that I should pay for all but cell phone and rent knocked some sense/responsability into me. But all's good! The only problem is I can't stand people my own age because they're completly oblivious to what goes on in the real world, almost none of em pay for anything! And they wonder why I hang out with people older than me
Your life is only as good as you make it. The hardships of life will bring any of us to our knees. No matter how high-spritied, no matter how optimistic. It'll pull us down, drag us through the dirt. Our lives will feel empty and pathedic, we'll have everlasting sadness. Though we must wait it out, beacuse this is usaully only a temporary thing. You must keep faith in yourself, while keeping faith in others. Protect the ones that hold and love you, for they are the most important people in your lives