Studying For Exams?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
NeverReallySeen
Veteran

Studying For Exams?

Post by NeverReallySeen »

got exams coming up in the next two weeks. got any pointers on how to study well and learn it all? i'm taking spanish I, geometry, writing, and world studies. any hints?
To be nobody but yourself in a world thats doing its best to make you somebody

else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting.

You do anything long enough to escape the habit of living,

Until the escape becomes the habit.

Everything is ok in the end.

If its not, then its not the end.
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: Studying For Exams?

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

There isn't really anything you can do to prepare for a writing exam, in my opinion, its basically just applying what you should already know..

For things that are sorta like memorization (spanish and History), note/flash cards work really well for most people...

and for Geometry (or any math), the only thing you can really do is work some of each type of problem that will be on the exam....

Good Luck! I bet you will do well!

-Jared
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

Flash cards can work wonders. I did flash cards for all my tests last semesters and I made a 100 on every exam except for 2 of them. And on the 2 that I didn't make a 100 on, I made a 94 and a 99. And I took 7 tests. So thats five 100's. Heh. Yeah, flash cards really help.
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.
StevieCrash
Dedicated

Post by StevieCrash »

Never study when you're tired. You just end up reading the same thing over and over and it never sticks. Now, I know it hasn't actually been proven, but I find listening to classical music really does help me learn better. Good luck!
NeverReallySeen
Veteran

ok the exams are coming up this monday. i'm really scared. now that advice was awsome. i'm using notecards for spanish vocab and literature vocab. any pointers for the test days? lol

else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting.

StressedOut
Loyal

Post by StressedOut »

yeah, just relax and don't get streseed

also, try doing some last minute reviews of your notes before the test starts
Image Season 7 Begins- January 2009
fuzzysnowflake
Loyal

Post by fuzzysnowflake »

Sleep is a really great thing. I know that it sounds crazy but it really is true that you work better after you have slept really well. Then the usual have breakfast but also have a balance between school work and studying. My first final is on Tuesday and after it my friend and I are going to the beach. We are just going to kick back and relax and then go home and study. We also have a rule where we do not study after 7 pm. After seven we can do whatever we want except study. It just helps us keep the balance between school and life. And remember they are just tests your GPA will NEVER define you.
"There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits on the human capacity for intelligence, imagination and wonder." Ronald Reagan
NeverReallySeen
Veteran

i hope thats right about the gpa. thank u guys. my last two exams are tomorrow. i am going to do some last minute studyin before bed, n i heard its good luck to put the stuff over under my pillow. haha. superstition i guess. but i'll study about an hour before i go to bed tonight, n after my writing exam, i still have about a half hour or so to study some more for geometry. so i think i'll study then. thanks for the help u guys. btw, the flashcards did work for history, along with tons of vocab