Getting Older

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
My Couch Is A Boat
Loyal

Getting Older

Post by My Couch Is A Boat » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:35 pm

I am 18 and I want to stop getting older.. I feel like a 40 year old does about her age. I feel like I am old, not physically. Won't things get better in college? I am sick of feeling like this. Also days are going by too fast and I feel like I will die soon. Is this how everyone feels after they get out of highschool.. also I have a feeling of unworthyness, if thats even a word. I feel like I will never get out on my own... job, money, my own car, my own house.. and i feel so alone all the time :shy: because I didn't befriend people in highschool since they were morons. Throughout the day I am so desperate to talk to someone because there is no one there. :crying: :shy:
Dough (the stuff that buys me beer)

Ray (the guy who sells me beer)

Me (the guy who drinks the beer)

Far (the distance to my beer)

So (i think i'll have a beer)

La (lalalalala beer)

Tea (No thanks i'm drinkin beer)

and that brings us back to (looks in the empty glass)Doh!!!

SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Re: Getting Older

Post by SexyLittleDoll » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:35 pm

I'm kind of at the opposite stage in my life. Right now I feel like the time is moving so slowly but along with each moment moving slowly I feel like everything is coming quickly into my life.. car.. house .. college.. marriage.. kids. Its really hard to explain and it drives me crazy. Some of it may have to do with things that are going on in my life.. but I do know how you are feeling just in a different way.

Once the summer is over and you are in college your life will change. College is expensive to I am going to assume that you are going to have to get some kind of job to help and pay for it. If you are going away also that will change how your everyday life is, try being more open with people and see if you are able to make some friends. Hopefully things will slow down for you and I know you will attain your goals.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy

Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:50 am

Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.

FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:58 am

i feel the exact same way hmm things seem to be swirling by sooo fast it is scary but i am sure itll slow down eventually-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]

turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:40 pm

You're worried about job and moving out and such, have you been looking for jobs? If you find a job (even one you don't love) it's a place to start. Then you can meet people at your job and go out and party and have fun with them and enjoy being an 18 year old.

:hug: Hang in there, love. You're not alone.

PS-1000TH POST!!! :D
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.

Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:25 am

Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.

Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Post by Jesykah ^_^ » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:15 pm

Right now I feel the exact opposite. I'm like counting down the days till I turn 18 because I'm just so sick of it. I wish I could live with my boyfriend, get married, and have kids and be out of high school and all that good stuff. So, I'm praying it goes by fast. I *want* to get older.
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.