Tarot Cards

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Tarot Cards

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

Does anyone else own Tarot cards and do readings? I was just curious because really I've been doing readings on myself a lot lately, and I think it's like my own personal therapy. Even if it doesn't answer the questions I ask, it still occupies a lot of my time because it takes me about 45 minutes to do a reading since I'm not extremely familiar with it yet (Though I have been doing it for a year and a half...lol).

So, does anyone else do them, or have an opinion on them?
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Re: Tarot Cards

Post by Paris In Flames »

I think it's a complete fraudity.

But to each their own.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
_ofunsoundmind
Loyal

Post by _ofunsoundmind »

One of my friends is into that, but it's not my thing. Personally, I don't believe any of it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :(

x Shelle
Ethan Riley Winters

born the 16th of August, 2002

weighing 7 pounds and 9 ounces

^ Our gift from God ^

I've always known this wasn't Home
-B.D.
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

Originally posted by Paris In Flames@Aug 11 2005, 01:35 PM

I think it's a complete fraudity.

But to each their own.

Cheers,

Jenna

[right][/right]

I agree... and it couldnt have been put better... well done.
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
depressedmoonchild
Loyal

Post by depressedmoonchild »

I have my own set and do readings for my friends... i belive in it... but thats how is works you have to belive in it to work. i love my tarot cards. if you want to know more or have questions PM me.
Blessings and hugs

Moon Child

I do everything my rice crispies tell me to

I tried to contain myself but...I ESCAPED!

One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize my friends are my energy.

Some days it just isn't worth chewing through the straps<
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

I have cards and I believe in it. I normally don't do readings for friends because in my experiance things come out that are kind of personal and I don't really trust myself yet to be telling people things. A few months ago I went to this store called Sanctuary Crystals and I was looking around at some of the new age stuff that they had.. and I saw a flyer talking all about the psychic that was there at the time.. so I figured oh I'll have a reading.. well I went and it was just awful. This lady completely insulted me and made up a hole bunch of stuff that made no sence. Now that I think about that experiance I should have demanded that I got my money back because she was very rude.

A couple weeks after that happened I was driving around and I saw this sign and it said "Grand Opening Enchanted" So I had nothing better to do so I went in and was looking at some of the things that they had.. and I started talking to the lady and she asked me if I would like a reading.. well I told her about the other place and she said .. that she would really like to read for me .. so I decided to try it. This lady was so good.. she knew so much about me. The reading was suppose to be $20 for 15 min. and she spent at least an hour and a half talking to me and only charged me the $20 plus I asked her to make a recomendation about a book for me and she was looking through the shelves and she said.. ya know I really don't have anything here that I think fits your personality .. so if you come back tomorrow I will look through my collection at home and you can borrow some of my books. She ended up giving me one book and letting me borrow 5 for no cost. If you really work at learning how to read the cards and say what you feel I know that they are accurate.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

A friend of mine does it. I think it's interesting but don't really believe in it.
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

Originally posted by SexyMandy@Aug 13 2005, 12:05 PM

I have cards and I believe in it. I normally don't do readings for friends because in my experiance things come out that are kind of personal and I don't really trust myself yet to be telling people things. A few months ago I went to this store called Sanctuary Crystals and I was looking around at some of the new age stuff that they had.. and I saw a flyer talking all about the psychic that was there at the time.. so I figured oh I'll have a reading.. well I went and it was just awful. This lady completely insulted me and made up a hole bunch of stuff that made no sence. Now that I think about that experiance I should have demanded that I got my money back because she was very rude.

A couple weeks after that happened I was driving around and I saw this sign and it said "Grand Opening Enchanted" So I had nothing better to do so I went in and was looking at some of the things that they had.. and I started talking to the lady and she asked me if I would like a reading.. well I told her about the other place and she said .. that she would really like to read for me .. so I decided to try it. This lady was so good.. she knew so much about me. The reading was suppose to be $20 for 15 min. and she spent at least an hour and a half talking to me and only charged me the $20 plus I asked her to make a recomendation about a book for me and she was looking through the shelves and she said.. ya know I really don't have anything here that I think fits your personality .. so if you come back tomorrow I will look through my collection at home and you can borrow some of my books. She ended up giving me one book and letting me borrow 5 for no cost. If you really work at learning how to read the cards and say what you feel I know that they are accurate.

[right][/right]

Exactly! I get that some don't believe in it and there are reasons for it, but the creepy thing about it is it is so true. Depending on if you have the mind and "psychic" side to do it. It's easy if you're into getting your mind into it. My boyfriend did a reading for me and came out with stuff he never knew about me. And my friend- talked about her love life, and he only knew her for a day, not even. AND my sister (This was probably in April) he told her to watch out for a guy with a lizard because he'd be like a stalker to her if she gave out most her information. See, the guy is our friend. We never knew he had a lizard. We found out later he had a lizard, and he likes her. Even to this day he does. He used to call a lot or come over Kyle's (boyfriend) house whenever Dawn (sister) was there.

I just don't do readings for myself often. I don't like doing them for people because scarily, I just got sort of accurate. I'm afraid of being wrong sometime. I guess the best of us can be wrong too, so that I have to work on.

And the readings will take a short amount of time if you do the one card Quickees. It depends on what spread you do. I've been doing Tarot for a little while now. I got these Oracle cards sometime back, maybe a year or two ago. So that's fairly different. Kyle's been teaching me. His grandmother taught him a long time back because I guess they have Gypsy in them so *shrugs*

If you have anything you want to PM me about or questions, go ahead. : ) I'd love to talk about it with someone- anyone. And possibly stories.

-Samantha
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

My sister bought a new set of tarots last week, and when my nan found out, she went mad. Told my sister that it was encouraging the Devil and that it was black magick, but it is'nt.

I'm personally more into witchcraft and crystals etc, but I believe things like Tarots are also interesting. :cowboy:

~*~Ruth~*~
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

I just started getting into it for a form of help. The things it tells me are usually accurate. They confuse me sometimes though because they'll contradict themselves, but I love them.

Thanks for all the replies. :)
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.
flora
Loyal

Post by flora »

I've been reading cards for years. I do friends, family, myself. It is essential that you only read when you are in a completely relaxed, at ease, and centered position. If you want to talk sometime: AIM; in a sailboatt

:) Jess
Sam
Veteran

Post by Sam »

I don't think their is any truth to tarot cards. I don't believe in that. Same with psychics and horoscopes. No of it is true. But thats just my opinion.
I LOVE DON!!!!

***Marrying My Best Friend June 21 2008!***

"What is real? How do you define real? If your talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste or see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

"I tried to kill the pain but only brought more"

"aww, you guys made me ink!"