Bio- Global Warming...

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Bio- Global Warming...

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

ok...what do you lot know about global warming?? I have found some good websites but I am quite bad at understanding stuff like this... so can anyone explain exactly what it is???

what is wrong with the heat-trapping gases? how does that make global warming???

CONFUSED!

Any other info about it will be useful too as I have a project coming up :)

<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET

turtbub
Veteran

Re: Bio- Global Warming...

Post by turtbub »

Well, I don't really know anything about it but I'll find some sites for you if you'd like! :)

Try these...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... ceCode=gaw (for current debates on global warming)

http://www.globalwarming.org/ (general info, some news stories)

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_environmen ... /index.cfm (more general info)

Those should help some. :)

Oh! And one about "heat trapping gases" Ummm...

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_environmen ... pageID=964
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
Loyal

Post by 309756 »

Okay, so here's the deal on global warming.

The greenhouse effect works like this: Greenhouse gasses (which include CO2, SO2, CH4, NOx, and others) allow the sun's rays to pass through them on the way to earth, but once they arrive, the light is free to escape while the heat is trapped on the planet. Now global warming occurs because of the increased heat (the gasses are generated by human activity), and hence we can see what happens--that the temperature across the globe will increase, and as the albedo (reflectivity) of the poles decreases, this invites more and more heat to enter the earth's atmosphere (less rays of the sun are reflected), hence we have increases of precipitation in rainy areas and virtual drought in already dry areas... the Sahara will reach 130-140 degrees F average, and rainfall will be nonexistent, while the South (of the USA) will become a jungle... the Midwestern breadbasket will have to relocate to less-fertile regions such as Canada.

E-mail me with any questions... thats just a quick overview. There's a lot to say about the subject.
XTorn2PiecesLPX
Veteran

Post by XTorn2PiecesLPX »

The best i can tell you is google it. See if theres anything on there. either that or ask your teacher where you can find information. Good luck and sorry i didnt help much.

-Molly
Cause I am stricken and cant let you go ~Disturbed

The prettiest people do the ugliest things ~ K. West

Do you pull me up just to push me down again ~Mudvayne

And when Im gone just carry on, dont morn, rejoyce everytime you hear the sound of my voice just know that im lookin down on you smiling and i didnt feel a thing so baby dont feel my pain just smile back
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

pandasandpenguins hit it right on the nose...

what is importnat to know is that the suns heat rays reach us but can not escape because of the greenhouse gases, so through time that heat will build up causing global warming...

its scientifically happening though as you walk outside, even today, you could swear we are going to have a nother ice age...

ohh but like pandasandpenguins said, if global warming hits its peak, the ice caps will melt flooding alot of the land we have...

~Jeff~