Fuuuuuuuuck.....

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
snowboardgirl_16
Loyal

Fuuuuuuuuck.....

Post by snowboardgirl_16 »

FUUUUUUUUCK!!! I have a fucking test on friday in organic chem and I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. Usually I don't swear, but right now I need to just vent. I don't get anything we are doing in chem. I try to understand it, I read the text book and try to do the questions but it doesn't help worth shit. I look at the answers and I'm like "how they fuck did they get that?" This is serious bullshit. If I'm stressing out this much for the quiz, the midterm, which is in 3 weeks is going to be even worse. FUUUUUUUUUUCK. I'm so dead. I have university, I hate this. I miss my friends, I miss my life. I guess that this is my life now, but I hate it! And it doesn't help much when Nathan calls me ever hour asking me for help. Ok, I've got my own fucking work to do, I'm trying to figure it out, you should to. God, he's such and idiot sometimes, and he's pissing me off. He keeps saying well " you're a genious you should know this stuff, you'll easily get this, help me now. You were almost valedictorian, you're smart, I'm not..." blah blah blah, same old shit. Yeah, you know what? I'm smart because I work at it, it doesn't come naturally to me, and right now I'm having a hard time. I dont' get any of this organic chem shit and I'm just so fucking screwed. I can't go to any of the help sessions because guess what? All the times for them are during my classes. And I can't skip any of my classes or I'll be even more behind than I already am. I'm hyperventalating because I'm so stressed out. And what makes it even worse, is that my parents are completely riding my case. "Why are you stressing out? If you don't get something ask for help. Stop crying. If you keep this up then quit and come back home and go flip burgers at mcdonalds for the rest of your life." Fuck, this sucks. I can't do this... I'm going to fail... I know it... me.. who's never gotten anything below 90 in her life,fail. And fuck this stupid cruve. I hate the curve. I'm seriously going to die. I'm going to fail.... fuck becoming a doctor anymore.... I should just quit now. If I'm getting this stressed out over one fucking quiz, then I'm fucked for the rest of my university career. I can't do this...

I'm sick of this room... seriously, I haven't really left this room except to eat, shower and go to school. That's about it. Maybe that's why I'm going crazy. I need to get out of this room. I need to go for a run... I really do... just fucking let it all out. I thought that listening to the Used will help, usually it does, but right now it's not helping at all. I just want to throw my laptop across the fucking room and run away... I want to just fucking go away. I'm sick of university, I hate it. Yeah, I talk to people, but I miss my friends so much. I miss Tierney, my best friend. Who was I kidding? I should of stayed at home for 2 years and gone to the college... then coming here it might have not been such a big jump to go to unversity...

I'm going to fail... I know it... I'm so screwed... Organic chem sucks... I'm fine in all my other classes, I get what I'm doing, but I look at my text book and notes and stuff for chem and it's like all the words are written in latin. There's a help session on wednesday, maybe it will help, I doubt it will

I'm just so tired... I get like maybe 7 hours a sleep a night for the past month... usually less... like last night, 5 good hours. I'm burning out.

I'm so glad I'm going home this weekend, I need it. I really do. I need to go out and have fun with my friends and not worrry about school so much. But that's what I'm good at: stressing out and worrying. My head hurts from doing to much work... It never ends... NEVER ENDS.... Once I'm caught up, usually I manage to get behind in something... stupid labs... And plus I have an essay in english coming up, a lab report in bio due in 2 weeks, shit, plus midterms... I'm going to fucking fail... But I heard everyone feels this way the first year at university....

I really need to get drunk.. but fuck, I don't have the time or money to. Plus I can't go out because I'm not 18, and since I don't really have any friends here I can't really go out anyway. What would it be me just stting in my room in the corner just drinking my stresses away? I really need to get away.... If this has only been the first month of unveristy... I have 7 more to go... shit, I'm screwed.. I'm dead :flush:
"Could you be the one to find me safe and sound? Love is how it's lost not how it's found. I don't know those eyes, but I see beauty there always. I know it's wrong to love you from afar but it's a craze." Azure Ray

"Take a look at yourself, and put your heart upon the shelf. It still bleeds, these wound won't heal, This pain inside is all that's real. Fall, as fire. Fall as fire from the sky above." Stutterfly

"It's all about the icing, and nobody cares about what's inside. You could see the outside face, it looks good, it must be great. And I know that's all you see. What would it matter anyway? Cause I can see right through your pretty, pretty skin today." The Early November
Dobby
Loyal

Re: Fuuuuuuuuck.....

Post by Dobby »

Allow me to try and explain how I work around these problems. I too am a first year at a university. It crazy isn't it? You come in, and have no friends, well maybe one or two if your lucky, you get shoved into a broom closet and in your broom closet you have books, clothes, and maybe a TV and a computer. Plus you probably have to share that small space with another person whom you might not even know, crazy hun. That's just an overview. Now, hopefully I hae you agreeing with me so far.

Next thing is figuring out what is most important to you. When I first got here, I went out and made friends. I knew that without friends I would be toast. To me, it really sounds like you could use some friends. If your rooms are set up anything like mine, (hotel style with all doors leading into an inside hallway) the best way to meet people is to leave your door open. Try it, you'll be amazed as to how many people drop in to say hi. When they do, be sure to try and strike up a conversation with them. Also, try and make a friend in each one of your classes. Manybe not a good friend who you'll keep in contact with all your life, but someone you can get along with, so that if you miss a class you could call them and they would know you and give you the days assignments. Plus, if you have a friend in each class, usually if you're struggleing, and they see it, they might help you if they have time.

As far as your chem class goes...talk to the professor about your troubles and how you can't make it to any of the study times. he/she might offer to have some office hours and try and help you out that way. If you show that you care, the professor will usually help you out if they can. Not by cutting you slack in your grades however, but in studying.

Also, these are just some closing thoughts for me, if you fail once, it's not going to kill you. Take from it and learn. I actually learned that when I got problems wrong I remembered them better than the ones I got right. So, say you do fail, don't let it take you down too far, but learn from it and bounce back next time. WHEN YOU PASS, no one is going to look back and see that you got a poor grade on one test your freshman year. It's obsilate.

I'll be back later. Got to go to class.

Dobby
99.9% of putts left short never go in, and that applies to everything in life.[/b]
lina
Loyal

Post by lina »

Ok I am a second year college student (yeah I know I am old lol). One don't stress it is a lot of work and huge adjustment for anyone. I can't help you with o chem or I would. Against popular belief, though professors DO CARE about your grade. You may want to suggest to a couple of people that you have class with to study together. As for staying in your room, suggest going out to eat after a class with a couple of classmates. If you are in class that is mostly first year students then that would be the perfect place to begin since the odds are that, they are in the same boat as you are. I know this is going to sound nuts but join a club that has weekly meetings. You should be able to find out about the different clubs that your college has to offer if not there should be an info desk somewhere to help you, or you could ask your residential assistant (RA). If coming online and venting isn't enough, there maybe a department that offers free counseling check into education or psychology.
snowboardgirl_16
Loyal

Post by snowboardgirl_16 »

Thanks for the help.. I think I made it sound worse than the situation really was, I was just having a really bad day.

The one problem is that I live off-campus, so it's that much harder to make friends. Yeah there is a group of us that pretty much have the same classes together so we always hang out and stuff, which is pretty good... my cousin lives here too and such, she's my age, so sometimes I hang out with her and her friends, but they mostly go to the bar every weekend, and I'm not 18 yet so I can't go. That's ok though

I just need to go home for a weekend, and then maybe I should be fine...

Thanks again!
"Could you be the one to find me safe and sound? Love is how it's lost not how it's found. I don't know those eyes, but I see beauty there always. I know it's wrong to love you from afar but it's a craze." Azure Ray

"Take a look at yourself, and put your heart upon the shelf. It still bleeds, these wound won't heal, This pain inside is all that's real. Fall, as fire. Fall as fire from the sky above." Stutterfly

"It's all about the icing, and nobody cares about what's inside. You could see the outside face, it looks good, it must be great. And I know that's all you see. What would it matter anyway? Cause I can see right through your pretty, pretty skin today." The Early November
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah, same thing happened to me last year. Moved away from home to Eddy, went with premed on the mind, then got completely destroyed by my bloody organic chem class.

I went through a rough patch...but it does pass, and i hope yours did too.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill