Timely Affair - Please Urgent!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Trapped
Veteran

Timely Affair - Please Urgent!

Post by Trapped »

I fucking hate to cry, and my damn poor typing skills! F! I have until 7:30PM to come up with at least $195 to pay for this modeling school I"m try to persue. NO one believes I can do it cuz they think it's a waste of time, but I believe that it could seriously help me in more ways than one. there's is a another oppurtunity to try again later, it's selective thing to get into, any my spot is being saved right, but other pending interviews are received daily. Everyone think I"m indecisive and unsure, but what can be expected when I'm not allowed to experience life for myself...more restrictions and tasks when I'm already isolated due to social anxiety from early early childhood.. *hah* *Fuck no, I cannot cry* Like I said, one deadline is tonight, MAYBE, not even sure, but maybe sat. morning, but by then I will need $325...the $195 is for reg, then I wll be responsible for $130 every 2 weeks...virtually no one is supportive, and thnk I'm stubborn for not forgetting about it, b/c "they cheat your money" they don't really care,and you can't afford anything, b/c your income is sverely limited..so forget about it. I did just get a job just recently but they've restricted my schedule, maybe I can 2 week days, sunday full and every other sat full, with the other sat only 4hours...I may have to sell/pawn my calc I use for math (school- which btw, need to be replaced/upgraded to this $150 one anyway) everyday and my sentimentally valued tv (which is hardly used). Any suggestions at all....I've tried talking to "family" and they all discredit the whole thing.
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Re: Timely Affair - Please Urgent!

Post by iHEAVENn »

Modeling school???

Okay hun, Make sure you've checked into it completely, make sure it's not a scam, especially since they want you to pay. Most modeling companies and such wont make you pay unless it's a scam so just be careful. As for the money thing, maybe you can sell some of your stuff to a pawn shop?? Like things you don't need or want anymore?
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

I have to agree w/ iHEAVENn here, it sounds sorta fishy. Have you checked into this place to make sure its real? Look it up on the internet, check with other modeling agencies/schools?

Mow some lawns (or rake some this time of the year). I know my dad charges $30 a lawn and gets 2 done a day (from like 3-8pm) That could be something you could do too.

Check in on this place. Your family might be right, maybe not. BE CAREFUL
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

When I was younger my brother wanted to be an actor so one day he was watching TV and the phone rang and it was this modeling school/acting school. Well he convinced my parents to take us downtown to try out.. little did we know.. the whole thing was a scam. My baba is a smart man.. but without him we would have been hooked. They wanted us to pay thousands of dollars for "lessons". I think if you really want to go into modeling you should have some professional pictures taken and then look online for agencys .. I believe that you send them your headshots and if its a good company they will represent you .. for free.. because they get a cut of what you make.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
Trapped
Veteran

Post by Trapped »

Originally posted by SexyMandy@Oct 21 2005, 02:28 PM

When I was younger my brother wanted to be an actor so one day he was watching TV and the phone rang and it was this modeling school/acting school. Well he convinced my parents to take us downtown to try out.. little did we know.. the whole thing was a scam. My baba is a smart man.. but without him we would have been hooked. They wanted us to pay thousands of dollars for "lessons". I think if you really want to go into modeling you should have some professional pictures taken and then look online for agencys .. I believe that you send them your headshots and if its a good company they will represent you .. for free.. because they get a cut of what you make.

[right][/right]

You know, I guess when you're already against yourself, any external feedback only contributes to the degrading.

So, I won't be able to do that...I checked it out, seemed ligit...enough to me. My mom and everyone, however, still make it my fault that I'm not allowed to do anything...b/c I'm supposedly so naiive and irresponsible and too young-looking. Do they think restrictions will make it better?...*pshh* F!* whatver....on the other, I think the mind is a powerful thing.

besides, if don't have much confidence on a daily, typical day...why would you be selected for an agency among other glamorous or trying-to-be anyway unless you just had this sudden burst of entising energy?
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Perhaps you could research other ways of getting into modelling, if you want to pursue it that much?

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.