Persuasive Topic

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
faith
Veteran

Persuasive Topic

Post by faith »

ok i have to give a speech and its persuasive but i dont know what do do it on? im aiming for something thats controverisal but not like as borad as abortion. u know? i dont know....ill take any help.
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: Persuasive Topic

Post by SirPostAlot »

well just look on the internet about topics...

personally i love to debate about politics and the desgraceful tactics that the republicans use, but hey thats my point of view...

just pick something that you like to debate about...

~Jeff~
StressedOut
Loyal

Post by StressedOut »

gay marriage...censorship..war in iraq..intelligent design
Image Season 7 Begins- January 2009
amatasu
Loyal

Post by amatasu »

Talk with friends and family memebers. Ask questions like: What do you think are some major problems in our society that need to be addressed? What subject would you like to learn more about? What have you seen recently on television or read about that intrigued you? What new inventions or technology would you like to learn about?

Also look around in the media, read magazine articles. Or what are you interested in? What would you like to learn about? What do you already know about? What are you hobbies, social concerns, or vocational interests?

Just remember, theres a lot of topics out there that have a lot of information but they also make weak persuasive speeches because your audience may already have pre concieved notions about the topic and makes it harder on yourself to perssuade your audience
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

homosexuality in the church maybe/...

how wallmart is trying to take over the united states and the world
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
kingthedevil666
Dedicated

Post by kingthedevil666 »

I once had the same assignment when I took a speech and debate class I believe the two I narrowed it down to were somewhere along the lines of why gum chewing should be allowed in school. (In the school I went to it was not allowed. But it can help keep someone awake cause you can't really sleep and chew at the same time. The other was something like why they should sell candy in school or something. again at our school they did not allow candy to be sold and we had no vending machines. At my current school we have vending machines but no candy so maybe you could right about that if it applies. One possible idea in that might be it provides a quick energy boost inbetween classes to help you stay awake in class.

hope that helps
today I got my head stuck in a wastebasket.. then I got the wastebasket stuck in a trashcan.. then I got the trashcan stuck in a dumpster.

I am a man... But I can change... If I have to... I guess

That sure is a nasty way of giving a compliment!

I love talking to myself but when I start to get cut out of the conversation it gets a little strange
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

see when it comes to persuasize speeches i agree that you should do something that is in the media focus that people would know about...but it does get to a point of annoying for the teacher or whomever becuase everyone will be picking from a select few topics...

search around CNN for something big that is sorta going on in the background but that is always still there (like the drilling in Alaska)...something that everyone knows about but the topic has migrated to the back of their heads becuase of more media-striven topics...

~Jeff~
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Originally posted by LostMySanity@Nov 9 2005, 10:14 PM

homosexuality in the church maybe/...

how wallmart is trying to take over the united states and the world

[right][/right]

Haha, yes. We now have Walmart in the UK. I'm infuriated.

Hmm. Issues that could be used:

*Banning uniforms / making uniforms compulsory in schools.

*Gay marriage or gay parenting through adoption (though you might get a few speeches with that).

*Banning dog walking on the streets/public places.

*Media influence on teenagers/eating disorders/body image.

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Rurouni_ryu
Loyal

Post by Rurouni_ryu »

The lack of coherency as evident throughout the democratic political system. I always like that.

Or the fact that the democratic political system is too out-dated to be used, seeing as how most countries are too big to be governed by only a select few.

Then again... FOR ANARCHY! :P
"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."

Mary Pickford

My absence is due to college... *snarls at college*
NeverReallySeen
Veteran

Post by NeverReallySeen »

gay rights

abortion

legalizing marijuana

smoking in public
To be nobody but yourself in a world thats doing its best to make you somebody

else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting.

You do anything long enough to escape the habit of living,

Until the escape becomes the habit.

Everything is ok in the end.

If its not, then its not the end.
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

hi everyone- thanks for responding. i really do apprecite it. i thought i would let yall know that i choose to do how the DARE program is effective and how it should stay in schools. (the prof wanted us to be specific) so thats what i chose. thanks again

~faith
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Well an educational topic ususally doesn't fail...

but what per se is the DARE program? *sorry my brain is fried...i heard of it but i don't remember*

~Jeff~