Tattoos

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Beautiful
Veteran

Tattoos

Post by Beautiful »

Hmm okay so my boyfriends taking me to get a tattoo really soon, and i have no idea what i'm going to get. i dont want something that like everyone else has like a butterfly or anything...haha. But i'm getting it on my lower back & its probably going to be a tribal sign of something. does anyone have any ideas ??? :king:
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Dave_19
Loyal

Re: Tattoos

Post by Dave_19 »

:. my crazy life

<span style="color:teal"|B|e|e|r| my Anti-Drug
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Thanksssss <3 :D
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

My advice to you: make sure you really want it. Remember, this will always be on you (unless you want laser removal). For my tattoos, I made sure I thought about it well and I got tattooed things that mean a lot to me.

I just got my lower back last Saturday. It was... nice =P

good luck =]
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

INK BLOTS

yes thats what i wanna get an ink blot on my upper back.... thatd rock...-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
andi
Loyal

Post by andi »

i agree make sure you REALLY want it, they say that when you're deciding you should print out the pic of what you want and put it somewhere that you look everyday...like on your bedroom door or your car dashboard. If you dont get tired of looking at it after like a few months then you should get it.

I have two tattoos. One is on my upper back and its a cross w/ a rose wrapped around it and my brothers initials in it (he died) this tattoo means the WORLD to me, i absolutely love it, and i dont think there's a better way i could honor my brother.

My other tattoo is a butterfly on my ankle, it was a spur of the moment decision, i got it b/c i wanted a tattoo that wouldnt have something sad connected to it (even though my other tattoo doesnt make me sad, it is there because of a tragedy) and it doesnt mean anything to me, and i'm thinking about getting it removed (i probably would if i had the money)

So while any tattoo would be fine if you like it, make SURE it's something that you want on your body forever, b/c you can't take it back (at least not w/ out a lot of money) and make sure there's no way it could be a bad experience (like say your boyfriend takes you to get it, and then you guys break up...then when you look at it you're reminded of him)

Bottom line, tattoos are great, just be sure you're ready for the consequences that come with them. I love the tattoo on my back, but it didnt heal well and is scared (like it's bumpy but you can't see it, you can feel it) and i had an allergic reaction to the ink, i guess b/c its on a sensitive spot, and now my back in the area surrounding the tattoo is slightly discolored in some spots (lighter than the rest of my skin)

REgardless i wouldnt give back that tattoo, but if i could go back i wouldnt give up the one on my ankle.

good luck

Andi
"These are the days worth living, these are the years worth giving, these are the moments, these are the times, lets make the most out of our lives"
AidanCorwyn
Loyal

Post by AidanCorwyn »

Advice from personal expeience, even if you really want it make sure you will want it for a long time. I am getting a cover up, (a new tattoo over an old one) because it doesn't fit or sit well with me anymore. so just make sure you really put thought into it.
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Yeah I agree with everyone else. Make sure you want it, and wait a while to be sure you'll always want it. I waited for almost a year before I got my tattoo, which is a ship's wheel on the back of my calf (see picture).

http://myspace-250.vo.llnwd.net/00361/0 ... 1250_l.jpg

tJ

**EDIT** OOPS, I made the image too big for the post. See the attachment

**EDIT NUMERO 2** Attaching didn't work. Just check out the link.
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

If you're still thinking of one and it being Tribal, I could ask Kyle to draw one for you and I'd send it through mail?
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."