Should I Quit?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
sweethelp
Veteran

Should I Quit?

Post by sweethelp »

so im completely torn on whether or not i should quit work or not and find another job. the pay is really bad ive been there for like 1 1/2 years and i still only make minimum wage and havent gotten a raise. i just got a raise review and i scored "above standards" for almost all of them and never even got a raise. but i dont want to talk to my managers about it because i dont want to seem pushy and ungrateful. i mean the assistant manager and the manager both know that my mom has filed bankruptcy, she has 2 jobs now, and that i had to give my entire savings, bday money and my check to her just so we could afford to have a roof over our heads. but on the other hand i get along really well with the people, they follow my availability, theyve been understanding with musical and with my grandmother dying and when i need a day off i almost always get it off. but i really need the money i mean i only minimum wage, i need to save for college, my sister is getting married in august, i have prom coming up, im going to philadelphia in april, i need to save for a car and computer.

i just dont know what to do. my head is just spinning, plus i start midterms tomorrow and i just cant decide whether or not i should quit! :huh: :wacko:

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
RockBSK1432
Loyal

Re: Should I Quit?

Post by RockBSK1432 »

I think you should quit...minimum wage is not good enough.
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

I think you should first try to talk to the managers. Keep in mind, there is NOTHING wrong with asking. It sounds like you have a strong case. You are a strong and diligent worker who performs well and has been working there for a long time. It's not pushy and ungrateful at all. You deserve at least to know what is going on with your workplace, and there is nothing wrong with asking about your pay. There are definately ways that are better than the other to go about it though. Just make sure that you aren't coming off as demanding. If you sound reasonable and mature about how you are approaching them they will react much better. It really sounds like you have a good thing going at this job, and to leave it just because of the money, with no explanation to the management is shallow. Just lay it out for them that you do need the money, and some of the reasons you think that you deserve a raise. Definately talk before you just quit.

tJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

I agree with Tj, talk to your managers before deciding to quit.
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Try and see if you can find another higher paying job before you quit too.. if you talk with them and they don't want to do anything about possibly giving you a raise .. then at least have someone secure in place before you make that decision to quit.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
Muppets_Rule
Loyal

Post by Muppets_Rule »

I agree with the above post.

Before you really think about leaving

your current job you should find a better

one that you know will accept you.

Try and aim for a job that requires alot of

qualifications. that way you will know it is

the right job for you. (If you got the

qualifications it must be good for you).

Good Luck

Matt
"Just say no" prevents teenage pregnancy the way 'Have a nice day' cures depression.

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant:

First, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.

As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.

Birthdays are good for you - the more you have the longer you live.

Therapy = Expensive. Bubblewrap = Cheap. You decide !

Champagne for my true friends and true pain for my sham friends!

Everyone wants a bus service to their door, but no one wants a bus service in their street.