Drop Out?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
faith
Veteran

Drop Out?

Post by faith »

ok heres the deal and i need alot of opinions because this is a pretty big deal. i dont know whether or not i should continue college. every day my mom says are u sure u want to do this? and every day i think maybe its not for me. i just dont know what to do. should i stay or give up my dream? i dont know....
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
RockBSK1432
Loyal

Re: Drop Out?

Post by RockBSK1432 »

Depends on your status...gpa, etc....please fill us in.
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

The only scenario that I could imagine myself telling you to drop out of college would be if you are totally failing without hope of passing.

If you are not totally bombing, I suggest that you STAY in college and get a degree in something. Unless you plan on barely making it through life, or doing hard labor for the rest of it, you NEED a degree in some field or you will find it virtually impossible to gain proper employment.

Its juts my opinon, but these days you need a freaking High School Diploma to work as a fry cook at McDonalds..... Do everything you can to get a college degree

-My thoughts

-Jared
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

i agree w/ jared...

in todays society, a college degree is basically something that is something that is pretty needed these days...

so unless you are bombing college, i would stay in to the best of your ability...

~Jeff~
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

well im not failing-at least not yet. im only taking 13 credits (1 over the minimum of a full time student) and i guess last semster i had god grades except for math but the thing is is that im just emotionally overwhelemed. i have no clue what to do....
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
Spitfire
Veteran

Post by Spitfire »

Is it possible to finish the semester and then take a break until you are more emotionally stable?

Im not sure if this is possible..But I would imagine it would be.

The only problem I see with that is that going back after stoping for a while could be kind of difficult.
Blame it on the yellow bananas..they just sit there..all..yellow-like!!

~FRODO THE FLYING PEANUT~

Post 200- Aug 10, 2004

Post 250- Aug 17, 2004

Post 300- Aug 23, 2004

Post 400- Sep 26, 2004

Post 500- Oct 26, 2004

Dont Make Me Eat Your First-Born Child!!
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

I remember feeling that way. It's a hard thing to get through when you're trying to go through the motions of classes and homework and everything. I considered dropping my first year so many times because it was awful. i didn't know anyone and I was the biggest wreck, or at least I felt so. my grades weren't so hot either. Have you considered going into the health center and talking with someone? I'm sure there's a school counselor you could talk to. Oh, do you know when this overwhelming feeling started coming on most strongly? It's quite possible the winter weather effect and if that's the case, I'm not sure if your school has it, but here we have those phototherapy lamps for ultraviolet light treatment. More light tends to be more happiness. While it's not like the weather is a defining factor of feeling stressed, overwhelmed and pretty much a mess, any little thing doesn't help so if there's a small step you can take to getting better, I'd say do it.

Oh, and I don't recommend dropping out of college. Though I will say college is not for everyone, if you ever plan to get back into it, you're going to have a harder time doing so. For financial reasons, I dropped down to taking 1 class a quarter. Yeah, it's nothing great but it still keeps me in school and keeps in the habit of going to class and studying. You wouldn't want to regret that choice of taking yourself out of school and find that it ends up being too hard to get back when you most want to.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

I wouldnt suggest taking a break. Its really hard to get back into the school routine even after your have been away from it for a year. Stick through it, it's worth it. Theres no doubt about that. I decided I'm going to be a college student till im 30.