My "week"

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

My "week"

Post by SirPostAlot »

Ok my marketing teacher decided that all of the students in that class (all 8 of us) are going to be making the plans for one week ~ weither it be working from the book, a project, or doing something w/ the school store...

and everyone else is trying like fun things but thats not really up my allie...

i want to something which i find fun *a comparing anaylist of a real operations versus the flaws of our school store*...but i am going to browse the marketing book to make sure its in there *basically going on the monopoly realm of things (our school store is basically a 'natural monopoly') but we do things against the normal monopoly (for instance, we spend alot of time on advertizing ~ which is really quite pointless for a monopoly if you think about it)...

and these were my two basic things for my "book-project":

1) this would be the comparative analysis like i mentioned above...

and/or

2) this would be having them choose a company they think would be fun to own someday, do research for the market structure, come up with the basics, explain why they found that location and idea, and actually have relalistic ideas (i.e. buying a building costs $x + $y for labor)...

i think that #2 would be really fun to do -- we did a similar one in economics but i was highly disapointed with the lack of reality...but i want to #1 becuase to show them the actual market structures and how advertising for a monopoly would be a waste of money....

and i know they will all hate me, but whatever, haha, i want to do it and if i were the teacher this is the shit i would be doing ~ and we can realm it into the marketing field and such...

so what do you think?

should i go this way or should i be like them and just say "make fliers for the school store"?

~Jeff~
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Re: My "week"

Post by Jaegermeister »

Ummmmm.... sounds good to me. But I'm no great shakes at marketing so who knows how much my opinion counts for.
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

well everything i was thinking of, i feel will take too much time rather then a week...

plus the thing i want to do is basically we are touching next chapter (so probably a couple weeks) and my "Week" isn't untill the end of march . . .

so i'll keep thinking of it but i'll probably go with something like my 1st choice....

~Jeff~
candela
Needs Another Hobby

Post by candela »

i like both of your ideas actually - i want to do that (cept our school doesnt have a store so i cant lol)

anyway my marketing class is doing a project similar to the one you mention in #2. We are currently split into groups and are working on a pizza shop simulation. We had to do reports on opening a shop, costs, locations, fanchises, ect. now we are working on creating a drawn version of the storefront, floor plans, hat or uniform design (we are actually making em!), and later we will do the accounting work and such to see profit versus investment, it is also a competition between groups in the class to have the most sucessful shop. its really fun - maybe you could suggest it to the teacher as a project she would lead. I dunno if you could manage to fit it into a week i think its an awesome idea. Good Luck, let me know how it goes.
</>Luck and Love to all</>

PM me if ya need anything

"It doesn't matter what other people say, or think when you see nothing in the mirror."
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

yeah that sounds like fun, but i only do have a week...

she told us today that we are going to get chapters that we have to somehow put into our project or w/e, so i will just have to wait to see what my chapter is before i choose my project . . .

but somehow i'll manover it into something fun...haha...

i'll keep ya'll informed! :)

~Jeff~