Ht Down The Drain....

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Adnama
Veteran

Ht Down The Drain....

Post by Adnama »

So depressing.

What happend here? I go off for awhile because my life is falling apart around me, and then just when I'm finaly gathering the peices of my broken world I come back to my beloved Helping Teens to... to... what?

There's no one here. There's nothing here. Things are so slow compared to what they once were.

*watches a tumble weed roll by*

I even ventured over to Teen Help, but I didn't stay there long, they have *cringe* adds all over the bords. But.. more than that it's just not the same.

Poor HT! I knew thee well! :(
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
junglemonkey
Veteran

Re: Ht Down The Drain....

Post by junglemonkey »

I know :( It's quite sad really.

There's very few replies each day. *sigh*
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

There's not as many people coming to the site because Ht is fairly newish so it'll take awhile to get things back to where they were.
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sbloemeke
Veteran

Post by sbloemeke »

Things are slower here, true, but at least they're a little nicer. Like, admins not breathing down your back watching your every move and banning you when you slip up a tiny bit, a forgiving system for bans/warnings, and a list of actual rules, not a "We'll ban you for any reason we feel like"...

But things should pick up soon, I hope. We're on the second page of Yahoo for "Teen Help", so we should be getting there soon. Few more months, maybe... :)
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

Yea - That's true...But I have faith...We'll get there. :) Things will be good again soon.
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

Yep... it is slow for the time being. It HAS been slow. But, like the others have said - it's a fairly new domain name so it shall take a bit more to get up at the top. It's all good.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

I arrived at Helping Teens a couple years back just as it was gaining alot of popularity, and was here for quite awhile as things were booming. Then the whole domain thing went down and seeing the sight in this state just saddens me I guess. Sigh.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

yeah things are pretty slow ~ I remember back when you could spend over an hour just reading threads and replying to them in your own forum ~ now i might spend 20 min. on the whole forum becuase there aren't too many posts . . .

it is sad, but hopefully it will soon flourish again...

~Jeff~
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

4. There will be no disrespect to others including but not limited to: Users, Administrators, Moderators, Super-Moderators, or anyone on these forums. This also means no pointing fingers. If you do not agree with the persons' opinion, you are expected to be open-minded and courteous to them.

This goes for every person on this website, rather you like it here of not. This pretains to 2 people and they know who they are.

HT will flourish again. TLC and time...
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Echoing Cindy.... I agree.

TLC is what this place needs, not the opposite. There are people here who love this place and it will bloom again, I'm sure.

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

Yes it will :)

People just have to know about it. If you're worried bout it going down the drain so much, advertise it? Make fliers and put em up in your school, tell your friends online about it.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

Yes it will :)

People just have to know about it. If you're worried bout it going down the drain so much, advertise it? Make fliers and put em up in your school, tell your friends online about it.

[/b]

Yeah, the fliers are very coool tooo.. if I may be cocky =P
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

i actually agree with a lot of Adnamda's post and these have been concerns i've been voicing for awhile.......I don't think its fair to say HT is newish, because it has been around for over a year........I think with the member decrease there was also a decrease in the values HT was founded on when I joined it when it was TH. and I think that's sad. this post was totally not meant to be disrespectful........it was meant to voice another kind of opinion. And if anybody can actually make sense of my post I give them 20 brownie points.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

When you joined though, chances are the site was already around, so more people knew about it.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

but, your forgetting one thing........we were successful as HT for awhile, so I don't think thats fair to say.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Looks like I get brownie points. :)

I'm thinking that reinstating the values (or rather, bringing them back to attention) in an obvious way would be a good idea....

*Is thinking*

Hmm. I will be back. :)

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

but, your forgetting one thing........we were successful as HT for awhile, so I don't think thats fair to say.

[/b]
Yes at the begining because most of our users were still here from when the domain name changed. After that people drifted away probably because they got fed up with all the troubles that were going on during that time.

Give it time Erin, the site has to build up again in order to be where it was.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

[/b]
We were sucessful because of THE CURRENT MEMBERS that came woth the site from TH during that hell. As thoes members grew up and left, our member base couldn't be replenished because our site couldn't be found by searching. It only grew by word of mouth and Link exchanges.

The only way HT will be able to be what it once was is by giving alot of time for websites like google, yahoo, askjeeves and such to search the website and then have it listed at the top or near the top of the list they give out for certain search results. This can take years for it to happen. So far we are really doing well. Our number have been increassing but not nearly fast enough. Time is the key. This site is still new according to Internet's way of time. Most sucessful site have been around for many many years, while this one only has been around for 1. Just give it time, and trust us for once. We do know what we are saying. Hopefully by this time next year we will be back to what we use to be :) Time and TLC again i say Time and TLC :)
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

It is not even members growing up. It's always been a case of alienation and favoritism. The systemic discrimination this site has is convoluted by those who run it. Say something they don't like its censored in one way or another.

For instance, an admin will most likely reply to this post using insults and violating every "rule" this site has (rules designed and loosely based around that of the worst dictatorships) enouraging the user to become enraged, and then break rules. They do it enough to make it seem as if people are "fairly" banned. "You had your warning!"

And then they ban people. They banned people in the past, who should have never been allowed to return to this site. Why did they let them return? To continue to create the illusion of fairness.

I am constantly warned and banned for playing politics with people who have a higher permission set (which is the only thing that distinguishes them, as they are piss poor leaders). So many others have been banned too. Something simple as a suggestion, or a topic like this, becomes inflamed by the operators of this site. They know everything obviously. God forbid anyone suggest improvements. Etc etc.. I digress.

I think the reason this site has died, the reason so many copy-cat sites now exist, is simple. A site administration or staff can only do so much discriminating before the party is over.

I think many people realized that they did not "need" this site. You could do more productive things on other communities, which I'm sure I'm not allowed to name, and they/we moved on to places with more freedom.

This site has always had poor leadership. But unfortunately it's owned and operated. It's limited by the owners wishes and whims. And sometimes by the wishes and whims of his cronies.

--nj
--nj

skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Blahhh.

This place has no personality any more. I know "we're here to help" and all that, but the fact is - it's incredibly boring. You can't have an argument with anybody without everything being censored out and warnings flying around all over the place. Nothing can happen around here unless there's back and forth ass kissing from every reply.

Everything is taken so damn SERIOUSLY. It's like, lighten the fuck up already :P

Most of the people with any personality left. That's why this place has gotten all depressing.

I say most.

I doubt this site will ever be as good as it used to be.
I wish I were a spy.