Choosing Colleges

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
alnieve
Veteran

Choosing Colleges

Post by alnieve »

So I know I've procrastinated much much too long on researching/choosing colleges.

But, I am slowly trying to start.

The only problem is, I am entirely overwhelmed.

It doesn't seem like there are any schools that really suit what I want out there.

It's so discouraging.

Anyway, I just wanted to know what you all did in your college search process, and if you have any advice for me.

Anything will help.

Thanks loads.
[CENTER]She would change everything[/CENTER]

[CENTER]for happy ever after.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Caught in the in-between,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]a beautiful disaster."http://asnowy.deviantart.com/gallery/"[/CENTER]
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Re: Choosing Colleges

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hahaha, well

I'm kinda lazy.

And I haven't done like, any college research.

And now I'm kinda kicking myself in the ass.

I mean, I've VISITED colleges....but I don't know.

I figure I'll just apply to a shitload and then choose.
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

The Canadian system is a lot different. Me, I had my sights set on the University of Alberta since I was in Grade 9, so it was the only one i actually applied for, which I did in December of Grade 12.

I really like it here, great campus, the application to attend seriously took 10 minutes to fill out, and they get backto you very quickly. Internationally recognized school. We're consistently ranked in the top 4 schools in our category in Canada. Our business school is ranked in the top 50 in the world, and our engineering is highly respected accross the world.

And I only pay 4800 in tuition.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

well they had databases online about colleges in your area and major and such...

they just recommend sending in your application around thanksigiving time of your senior year, so you still have plenty of time...

personally i just browsed through the internet at schools that are accredited w/ my major and then read throughout their website and everything...

i probalby did more than the average joe, but hey it is a school i love (bloomsburg university)

just pick out a few schools and then when school starts up go talk to oyur guidence counsler about your choices

~Jeff~