New Channels Now Open

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Leapfrog
Veteran

New Channels Now Open

Post by Leapfrog »

For those of you who may wanna just chat, and not talk issues so much we now have the #lobby channel.

Welcome to the #Lobby - The Drop-In Centre for The HelpingTeens Chat Network - Please take off your shoes, the carpet is new.'

The channel is run by AJ, and there is an eggdrop bot named Rouge.

We also now have a trivia channel. COme test your mind in #trivia!
CausticTears
Veteran

Re: New Channels Now Open

Post by CausticTears »

um... what? so AJ is the mod for #Lobby. and #teenadvice will be the room for advice, only? This is puzzling me because you have mentioned that AJ is a mod. I have never met AJ before. He is new and now a mod. I guess I am used to how the chat has always been, I've never seen a problem with it. lol oh well, we'll see how it goes.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

AJ is a Netadmin for the chat, Adam and Skye are Netadmins but both are not able to run the chat right now. AJ has vast experience in the ways of running a chat. SO he has been brought in to assist with the chat.

I think one issue with chat is taht everyone feels that that have to need advice to chat, since the channel is #teenadvice. What we are trying to do is make chat more fun.
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

AJ is the new Netadmin for the chat? Maybe these new chat additions should be run by me, also, since well I'm a mod in the chat. Or maybe the staff is supposed to just be out of the loop?

And the room, #teenadvice, has been a room for chatting AND advice. I think this new idea of having another main room channel is unnessesary. A new room with a new mod. lol wtf?
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

Get your badges
-AJ

Post by -AJ »

Hi there!

My first post on the fourms, so let me just assure you, that I'm not trying to takeover or ruin anything or even change much without talking to you guys first.

Yes, I'd love for the existing staff to help to run the new rooms, infact i'm sure that's a supurb idea. Join the channel and i'll make sure I add you :) Also, obviously persuade others to chat in the rooms too.

#Trivia will not be run by anybody, it doesn't require any moderation as "Rouge" does most of it for us.

Any questions, feel free to come and talk to me. :)
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

wow, im so glad i gave up the chat.... but i do miss it, now i doubt ill go back for awhile though. Maybe when adam comes back.......................
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
-AJ

Post by -AJ »

Gosh. If i'm really that much of a problem, let me know and i'll quit. If you guys don't WANT to be helped, there isn't any point me trying is there?
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

Guys OverDrive hired -AJ.

So you need to try and adabt to change.
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

wow, im so glad i gave up the chat.... but i do miss it, now i doubt ill go back for awhile though. Maybe when adam comes back.......................

[/b]

I have no idea why... i'm too busy with my personal life that I don't have time for it.. that's why i hired Alicia (LeapFrog) and AJ
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

from what i remember adam is usually set to away as adam has a life too, i know hard to imagine but sometimes people need to do things other than on HT and if AJ and Leapfrog are here to help adam and skye out welcome them
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

Gosh. If i'm really that much of a problem, let me know and i'll quit. If you guys don't WANT to be helped, there isn't any point me trying is there?

[/b]

You're not a problem, AJ. We (speaking behalf of others, as well) appreciate the time you have taken to help us out. Change can sometimes give a person a scare (like me). And at first, I was upset and annoyed that there was a new member of staff, not just staff..a new admin for the chat... and I had no idea who this person was. I wasn't treated like a member of chat staff... but it is allll goooddd now.

-Leo Buscaglia

Get your badges
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

from what i remember adam is usually set to away as adam has a life too, i know hard to imagine but sometimes people need to do things other than on HT and if AJ and Leapfrog are here to help adam and skye out welcome them

[/b]

Adam is in the UK,l and since your in the US thats probably why everytime you go to chat hes away. Hes sleeping while we are playing. :P

I wasn't treated like a member of chat staff... but it is allll goooddd now.[/b]

Thats my fault I wasnt sure who all was on the chat staff and since u use 2 diffrent names, 1 for forums and 1 for chat I couldnt figure out who you were.
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

[/b]

Adam is in the UK,l and since your in the US thats probably why everytime you go to chat hes away. Hes sleeping while we are playing. :P

I wasn't treated like a member of chat staff... but it is allll goooddd now.[/b]

Thats my fault I wasnt sure who all was on the chat staff and since u use 2 diffrent names, 1 for forums and 1 for chat I couldnt figure out who you were.

[/b][/quote]

I'm in Canada, Toronto - Eastern Daylight Time...
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I'm in Canada, Toronto - Eastern Daylight Time...

[/b][/quote]

Oh sorry for the confusion. AJ is also an Adam,l which is who I was referring to.
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

lol i know adam (OD) is in canada... and he has a job and is busy i just thought i should say that people who can help this site for the better and take some of the load off of Skye and OD should be welcomed
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]