Why so many changes?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
ice queen
Loyal

Why so many changes?

Post by ice queen »

You people change your head directors like their underpants! And i can hardlly understand the new forums why couldnt u just leave them the wat they were? easy to understand?
"It's amazing i won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and incumbency." -George W. Bush (speaking to Swedish PM unaware a Live TV camera was still rolling.)

Why do i need a Psycho with a Chainsaw when I have Myself?
OverDrive
Veteran

Re: Why so many changes?

Post by OverDrive »

Quite simple actually, if people would stop leaving, change would be minimal. If phil didnt resign (he did resign by the way), I would still be chat "director" or whatever...

Fact is, he resinged, left it to me, and im pulling these changes cause i know the site is too big for itself.

BTW, the support groups are gonna be left alone so long as they can function. I dont plan on pulling the support groups cause I know that these are one of teenhelp's main areas of help.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

I know.. if fact i still don't know what i am....
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

i sort of like da new forums
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

u get use to it...
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Evan »

yes this is sad, verry sad indeed. teen help use to be an inocent non-profit org. that help teens in need, now.......... it's just all about money and stuff whats the deal guys????? :'(
my 2 cents.....
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

there is no money to speak of... Its not like this is a corporation, its still a .org

honestly, did you even think while writing that?
--nj

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

What money? we dont make money on this. just the initial sale of the domain to greg, then to mike because greg didnt want it anymore.... Mike is keeping it,

The hosting is donated, the ircd is donated, no one is making money now, I dont know what you are referring to
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Evan »

ok sorry...... dint know.......... it's just not the same.
my 2 cents.....
CuteLilChk
Loyal

Post by CuteLilChk »

I miss the old forums. There were just little things that made it better, like that you could look at all of the posts you have ever made instead of just your last 10.... But I'm used to this way now, so I guess I like it.
That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Ian Guzik- Oct. 5, 2002

R.I.P. Billie Young
Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Evan »

whateva the he** is gonna happen an want is haping just isant the same soryy
my 2 cents.....
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Yeah, people left and people came, must be all MONEY DRIVEN EVIL that's sent this site, in your eyes, down the drain. I've not been around as long as many people here, I was here for a little while back in the day but that's it, but honestly... I don't see that it's that horrible of a place nowadays. Back then we had great mods, a lot of illiterate morons and some relatively intelligent posters... same way now. If you're going to sit around crying, "what the hell happenned nothing's the same," ask yourself if that's so horrible. If you can't deal, find someplace else that's like you remember in the old days because people and groups of people grow and change and there's not a thing you can do about it unless you want to invest the time to do it yourself. However, don't run around blaming the management, because there isn't a damn thing they can do to stop a group of people from changing and growing and you know it. It's neither their responsibility or their problem to see to it that things remain static here. People are still getting help, and that's all that really matters.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Although we might have worded it differently...thanks She. First off like OD said no money at all is made. Everyone is a volunteer, and everything here is donated. No one makes any money at all. And everything has to change. People fear change, simple order of things, but everything changes. You just have to suck it up and make the best of it. I noticed most people just say nothing is the same...never say whether it is a good change or a bad change...just commenting on that...
NAAM
Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

haha nice similie!
There's always someone cooler than you
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Just thought i would help cool the mood,

I am new here, don't really know what it looked like in the "OLD DAYS" but I think its really awsome as it is now, and I think it is very functional and it really attracted me here when I saw it. So keep up the good work guys!!

-GOD BLESS-

-FiZz :)
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Yeah, like you sanchez, then you did us the favor of quitting.. Thanks for that... I have other things you could do to help more! lol..
--nj

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Don't get bitter...

and we've discussed this, your MY bitch.
--nj

MiKeYo
Loyal

Post by MiKeYo »

(sits back, eats popcorn, and just watches....)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :blink:
HI
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

lol, we're getting of topic! so lets stop.. my bitch...
--nj