Ap

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
sweethelp
Veteran

Ap

Post by sweethelp »

So I'm taking AP Bio and I'm not gonna lie I have a REALLY bad case of senioritis like I just don't care about it right now. I pay attention in class for the must part but I have NO idea what is going on. We did a lab on thursday and I have no clue what it was about and we have a lab write-up due tomorrow and I don't even know what this stupid formula is because no matter how much I try and how much I pay attention and take notes I have no freakin' clue what is going on!!! I don't want to take this course it really means nothing to me except for the fact that I hate quitting something. But at the same time I'm so stressed and I don't sleep so I get sick, I get moody and grumpy (which is not me at all!) and I'm just overwhelemed and September just ended. Plus we don't have much money for that stupid AP test. But again I don't want to be a quitter and I don't want one of my old teachers to tell me that she was right and that I shouldn't have taken AP Bio. The teacher sucks and it's gonna bring down my average even with the stupid "AP cushion" and I know my 2 main friends in the class would be upset with me if I did drop it because then it would just be the 2 of them and I would feel bad. I just don't know what to do. I hate quitting, but I hate this class just as much. Ahhh my head hurts.

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Re: Ap

Post by Fishhead »

I'm taking AP bio too, and since I'm not a senior, I don't have senioritis. I just have lazyass syndrome :P. Anyways, what lab was it? If I've done it I may have the formula or whatever that you need. I have a notebook with all my lab write-ups and it's with me today, so if I've done the lab I'll try to help you out.
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Kimmy, do what you want and whats right for you - don't make decisions based on what other people want and/or how you'll appear to them. At the end of the day, its your life and therefore its your decision that will affect you - not anybody else.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Eh, don't drop out.

I'm in IB...which is very very similar to AP, except I'm in seven IB classes.

Seriously, it's not that bad.

Just do it.

It's what college is like anyways.

Believe me, I have the BADDEST case of senioritis ever. I'm have eight classes [seven of which are fucking HARD] and like...the only thing that gets me through is my girlfriend and partying on the weekends.

Uggg.
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

Yeah.. I've got all AP or Pre-AP this year too. It's difficult in the sense that I just don't want to do anything because I don't like it here. I moved over the summer. The thing that's getting me through is knowing that I can go see Johanna over Thanksgiving.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

yeah i agree don't drop it...

you'll look back (or at least i knew i would) and regret dropping it...

plus sticking w/ it will try to end your senioritus (thouhg i remember once it started, it went downhill - you just need to focus on ending it)...

~Jeff~
sweethelp
Veteran

Post by sweethelp »

Thank you guys. I've decided not to drop it because I know that if I do I'll look back and be so pissed off at myself for dropping it. I've heard from a lot of people that if you take it now that the college courses are easier in that subject and you basically know everything that they're talking about. So yeah I'm gonna stick with it. Plus now we're actually learning biology and not chemistry so it's not as bad and I understand everything a little more.

Thank you for the offer Fishead!! I wound up seeing the teacher that day just to ask about the formula and it was actually a lot easier than I thought. Thank you very much!

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

I'm glad you decided to keep it. :)

The offer is still up though. Our classes probably move near the same pace so if you need anything else I'll try to help.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

yaa :)

good job sticking w/ it

i know it may be tough, but in the long run it will be worth it :)

i know on the college level we are granted 4 withdrawls in our career here, i highly doubt i will use any of them ~ b/c i would have that self-guilt afterward and throughout my life

but yeah, congrats on sticking w/ it - i wish you the best luck!

keep us informed

~Jeff~