Chat Room Advertisments?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
CausticTears
Veteran

Chat Room Advertisments?

Post by CausticTears »

The chat room has been low on visitors for a while now. I mean, it has increased by a bit in the last few months...yet it isn't so active still. The chat room needs more members and more staff. Getting staff takes time, tho. And that is fine. But, members are needed there... there are a few of us regulars there but we don't come across the other members that come in for help.

Anyway, anyone have an ideas of advertisment for the chat room? If so, share it here.

I have thought of one advertisment that might possibly work: linking urls with other teen related sites. We used to the linking with the past url name, TeenHelp.org. Can we begin on doing that again?
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Leapfrog
Veteran

Re: Chat Room Advertisments?

Post by Leapfrog »

I have thought of one advertisment that might possibly work: linking urls with other teen related sites. We used to the linking with the past url name, TeenHelp.org. Can we begin on doing that again?

[/b]

Well that has been the goal with the expansion of the chat to allow other sites.

All the sites I know already use a chat, set up like you have suggested. I know cuz I recruited them for that chat back when I was teh founder, and worked for the chat.
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

The chat room is Adam's area really. I have say over the forums, he has say over the chat.

I do know that it has been suggested that the chat go away for awhile.
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

You could make it more obvious to those who aren't googling the site or looking around other teen help sites by posting fliers or something? That way you'd get new people who perhaps didn't realize that places like this even exist. I'm sure you could find people around here willing to put up fliers or something, even a few people doing it in different areas (cause we live in different areas) could possibly attract a wide assortment of new people.
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

You could make it more obvious to those who aren't googling the site or looking around other teen help sites by posting fliers or something? That way you'd get new people who perhaps didn't realize that places like this even exist. I'm sure you could find people around here willing to put up fliers or something, even a few people doing it in different areas (cause we live in different areas) could possibly attract a wide assortment of new people.

[/b]

Yeah, flyers could be helpful. But, the flyers are made for the website, as a whole, not just the chat room. The chat room needs more people than does the rest of the site. Hmm, maybe I'll construct a flyer for the chat room only?
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

Get your badges
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

You're good with graphics, so if you make it I could try to find good places to post it.. And I guess you could post some too and maybe others would also.
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

Alright, made a flyerrrr for the chat room.

Flyer

It's a .pdf (adobe reader)

-Leo Buscaglia

Get your badges
Memphis38128
Loyal

Post by Memphis38128 »

I agree. The chatroom needs more people in their chatting and more people helping.
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

I think it's a good idea to advertise the chat room and keep it. A lot of people need someone to talk to person-to-person, especially when there isn't anyone on in the forums. I realize it's kind of dead, but we're advertising the Forums too. Maybe we could just give it a chance for a certain amount of time to see where it goes. A month or two?
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

How are we advertising the forums?

-Leo Buscaglia

Get your badges
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

Well it's the whole site we're advertising (The banners), but we wanna get the forums out there too. <3 So I wouldn't see how it would hurt to do so for the chats.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

At the moment we are still looking at advertisment possiblities for the forums.

The forums do get visted by search bots from places like yahoo and google.

They don't however go the chat. Not alot we can do to change that.
VittorioCole
Loyal

Post by VittorioCole »

Aye, more people in the chat would be nice.. currently 5 people in, counting myself. Honostly, i see more activity in my consoles than i see in #teenadvice.

Also, isn't it hard to advertise it? Its an IRC Channel after all, not an AIM Chat... Unless you use the Java GUI client.

But yes, more people/activity would be nice.
[CENTER]So you're the fire and I'm the water.

I am the balance and you are the color.

I won't forget you when we're not together.

This is the ending, here's my surrender.[/CENTER]
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

you don't mean ads being on HT by that, do you Alicia?.......cause that was a big reason we broke away from TH in the first place and created HT...........
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Alicia: blantly state what you are going to do w/ these "Advertizments"

i don't want any gibberish or anything beating around the bush - i want you to state exactly your intetions...

do you plan on putting advertisments for other sites on HT? or what are your plans . . .

~Jeff~
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

At the moment we are still looking at advertisment possiblities for the forums. [/b]

Meaning we are looking at ways of getting HT out there. IE: Finding ways to get traffic to the site.

I said nothing about placing ads on HT. Both of you, Jeff in particular, need to cool your jets.
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

No, i just wanted you to clarify, and you still didn't really.....what exactly is the plan? Now is the time to lay all the cards out on the table, because theres a lot of old HTers that will get really mad if you don't clarify
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

i agree w/ erin..

you have decived us in the past and the majority of us are long timers - and we are very curious at your intentions...

so please stop hinting at it and just tell us blantly your intentions . ..

~Jeff~
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

Well Erin you know the same things I do. Honestly speaking the only thing we have right now is the Magazine.

How hard is that to figure out.

Now you both are now on thin ice. So I suggest you cool your jets now.
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

There aren't any clear, set in stone intentions at this moment. Leapfrog did not insinuate that there were to be ads placed on HT's website, so let's just keep the ideas rolling on how to 'adverstise' the chat instead of getting in a fluster and getting this post locked.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet