College ?!?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

College ?!?

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Ahh what is wrong with me am I really a screw up??

I get great grades last semester I pulled off a 4.0.. and I have a good group of friends. I am going to a great school for academics, but I am bored. I am extremely bored. I party probably 2-3 nights a week. I've been on break for the last 3 weeks and have had a ton of fun and I was just sitting here talking to my boyfriend and I told him something about the school is missing. See it's a great school, but no one does anything. I'm in a sorority and its not even fun. We don't have houses or anything just have the group of girls who party together I guess. It's a private school in chicago and I guess I am thinking about transfering to a state school just for better parties? .. for sorority houses ?? Seriously I don't know what I am thinking someone talk me back to my senses. I want MORE FUN from my school. I want to be able to party any time of the day any day. I know this sounds horrible, but this school is lame. If I left I feel like I might have more of a college students life. Before I turned 21 I thought it was fun because it was a thrill everything now is just boring.

Wow this whole message sounds like I am just a partier and it's SO not that. I just feel like I need more social aspect from my school.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
four
Veteran

Re: College ?!?

Post by four »

Heh, nothing wrong with a little partying, and college is not just about academics...
NAAM
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

school sucks wherever you go....might as well go with the one with the better academics
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
chsblondie67
Loyal

Post by chsblondie67 »

Well, like they said, school is horrible....everywhere, and its pretty safe to say that its smart sticking w/ the better school, i mean come on....what do u want in ure future, a good job house and education....or a party rep, with no job and i horrible life???? Take ure pic????
Love always,

Brittany Nicole :confused:
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

i agree go with the academia...

partying is just a sterotypical college life, there is more to life than partying (or at least in my mentality)...

just think of 10, 15, 20 years in the future - don't do anything you will regret and that will endanger your future, family, and career

~Jeff~
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

You know what, if you aren't happy at your current place, then leave. I did the same thing. I was at a school that was very well renowned for academics, but it was small and in a small town and full of people that I didn't really fit in with. There were certainly people and things that I loved about it, but at the end of the day I decided it wasn't for me. Now, I go to OSU (Ohio State), which is the BIGGEST university in the US. From 1800 students to over 50000. Talk about a change. But I love it here and I feel that it was a great move for me. As long as your partying doesn't affect your grades, then party all you want. Partying is a great way to relieve stress, meet people, ect. I mean, from my point of view, OSU is still a well renowned university, and it is working hard to gain prestige. There are a lot of good things to be said for state schools. Partying, eh, it is what it is. As long as it doesn't interfere with academics, which at the end of the day is what you're there for. For pete's sake I pulled a 3.5 last quarter and I bought books for 1 class. 1. If you aren't having fun at your school then your grades will suffer. Trust me. And if partying/having the opportunity to party is what you feel that you need to be happy, then go for it. This quarter I'm taking 18 hours, bought only a lab manual, and can bet money that I'll still pull a 3.0 at LEAST. You are not talking nonsense. The people who binge drink/are at the most risk of alcohol related injuries are usually people who don't party. There is such a thing as responsible drinking, and the more you party, the better you learn your limits. I don't think you're crazy at all. If you were to go to Illinois, which granted is in Champaign, I'm sure you'd have a ball. Indiana is another good school, Wisconsin is another, Ohio State, (god I can't believe I'm saying this) Michigan as well. All good schools. Pretty much any big public state school you'd go to could be big 10, and those are all still good schools. Even smaller public schools that aren't Big 10 are still a lot of fun and good places to go. I support your decision, and at the end of the day, do what makes you happy.
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

Well if she really can't stand at all period, then by all means yeah she should find somewhere where she would fit in and be happier, it translates to better grades true. I'd have to say that to some degree I agree with you on the binge drinking thing because I did that once. However it was just once and I would never do it again, one time was all I needed to learn my lesson. I don't party hardy, hell I don't even socialize that much only because I am in college for one purpose and one purpose only and that's to get my degree and move on the medical school ASAP, luckily I'm in a quarter system which allows me to finish college in 2.5-3 years if I take enough units per quarter (I'm doing about 24-26 per quarter)
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -