Slammed

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Slammed

Post by SirPostAlot »

haha its funny how all last semester i had classes with like barely little hw - literally it was like a couple problems here and there, mainly focusing on reading (like a total of 8 chapters a week, nothing major)

so today was the 1st day of classes and my god talk about a load of hw, haha, in acct. we have to do about 21 problems per week + read a chapter, write business memos, etc...then i went to my cultural literature class and we have 4 bks to read this semester but on average about 60 pages per class (about 120 per wk) + 20 questions per class (about 40 per wk) the reading is extremly strenuous (she purposely makes the reading about post-graduate level - i am a freshamn in a 200 level class)...then i went to intro to info tech where we have to read a ch. per week + over the course of the semester do 35 projects ("about one to two hours each, though some may take upwards of 9 to 10") + various other small projects....

haha, so needless to say, i am anxious/scared to go to class tommorw for my other 3 classes (i am taking 18 cr. hours)

but from coming from a semester where i could spend a minimum of one hour a day of studying to this semseter - where today alone i did over 3 1/2 hrs. it is definitly slammed...

haha not that i am complaining, i enjoy being busy - its just a culture shock of how some classes are literally no hw and others are everything and more...haha

anyone have similar experiences?

~Jeff~
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Re: Slammed

Post by sinical_sycology »

well I upped the ante a little bit this quarter and doing 26 units (had to get permission). Yeah it's def a lot more homework, but hey I'm pretty we're up to the challenge :D
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

seriously? 26 units....is that similar to semester hours?

we can't take over 18 (no matter how much we beg, plead, and bargain...)

i had to plead to take econ I and II this semster, which both are a lot of work, also, but i have a background in econ (plus i love love love it ~ it seriously gets my excited when reading it, yes i know i am a nerd...haha)

but if 26 units is similar to credit hours thats insane, best of luck to you! but i mean what is the point of living life if you are bombarded in shit to do? haha

~Jeff~
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

true, the social factor of my life has faded quite a bit, I believe it is the same as semester hours, classes are worth 4 units each, well most some are less, but I'm not too sure. But yes I had to get permission from my majors department, while my social life has gone to shit I can't say I'm not satisfied, then again I'm trying to get my defree in 2.5 to 3 years (we run on a quarter system) so yeah plus I got to keep up with my grades I'm trying to pull off dean's list :D so I suppose I'm a nerd too eh
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

aww theres nothing wrong w/ being a nerd...

good luck on making the deans list!!

have fun studying and getting that degree, i believe in ya! :)

~Jeff~