Scholarship Essay

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
alnieve
Veteran

Scholarship Essay

Post by alnieve »

So I've got a scholarship application essay to write up, and I'm totally at a loss for what to write about. I've thought about it for almost three months and still nothing. Perhaps it's writer's block to the extreme - but in any case, I'm definately in need of some ideas.

Anyway, here's the prompt.

The Honors Academic Excellence Scholarship is designed to reward a student who embodies the attributes of academic excellence, leadership, visibility, and committment to research in a chosen field, and who encourages others to strive for similar goals. Write a short, typed essay that profiles a real person (living or dead) who demonstrates these characteristics. Give examples of how that individual's success was accelerated by the high standards he/she set for himself/herself. Describe how you plan to embody such attributes and how and why you plan to pursue them while a member of the Honors Program.

So basically, I just need an idea on who to write about. So far, the only vague idea I've got is Al Gore, and I don't think that's very good at all.

Any input is good! :) Thanks.
[CENTER]She would change everything[/CENTER]

[CENTER]for happy ever after.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Caught in the in-between,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]a beautiful disaster."http://asnowy.deviantart.com/gallery/"[/CENTER]
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: Scholarship Essay

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

What is your major or focus of your studies? I may be able to help you brainstorm if you provide that information.

Its kinda hard to pick a single person out of the world to write about without and Idea of the type of person, to narrow down the pool.

If you want to be general Al Gore is certainly not a bad idea, and William Clinton would be even better, he came up from basically nothing to being the president of the USA.

Personally I think you should pick someone with similar aspirations as your own, and someone on a more local or specific level. It would be easier to make it apply personally if you have an interest in the person.

-Hope this helps

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group