Feedback On Script (warning: Heavy Triggers)

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Feedback On Script (warning: Heavy Triggers)

Post by sinical_sycology »

Well I have to work on writing a script for a theatre class (it's our final) and I got two different ideas and I just wanted to get some feedback and see which one people would prefer

The first would be a tragedy, a modernized adaptation of Oedipus and a small element of Iphigenia

the story goes with a young woman who is a crackhead, she gets pregnant and decides to sober up and get job to support herself and her child, being a single mother she must work heavy hours and is gone most of the time, her son is almost always at home alone living in an impoverished community filled with violence. He eventually gets caught up in the hustle of the streets and is drawn towards gang violence and drug dealing. After awhile of selling drugs and dealing thugs and gangsters he has become quite known within the community so eventually a infamous gang approaches him and asks if he wishes to join their crew. They entice him with offers of riches and power in the streets. Drawn in by this he answers yes but as an act of initiation he must rape and kill a woman. Once again he is drawn in by greed and decides to do it. He meets them out in the streets at 3:00 am, eventually they spot a young girl walking so they get out of the car and follow her, once close enough they quickly completely cover her place with a shirt and drag her into an alley and climb to the top of a building. It is there that they rape her, one of the thugs then pull out a gun and hand it over to new recruit and the recruit takes the gun and getting ready to kill his victim he pulls the shirt off of her faceand realizes that it was his mother. At this point he is driven to insanity and eventually commits suicide and jumps off the building

The second story would be war, more speciically the battle of thermopylae, I would probably just do a play covering the moments prior to preparation for the battle and just give the audience a perspective of the soldiers as they near battle against the greatest odds. And I'd also like to put a lot of spotlight on king leonidas and explore what was going through his mind as his 300 spartan warriors got ready to face off 120,000 persian soldiers
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: Feedback On Script (warning: Heavy Triggers)

Post by SirPostAlot »

hmm just write about which issue you can get more into...

in the end are you going to regret not doing one specific subject??

oedipus was probably one of my favorite plays (though Antigone was better, in my eyes) so i would naturally lean toward that way ~ but do what you want to do

~Jeff~
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Re: Feedback On Script (warning: Heavy Triggers)

Post by sinical_sycology »

Im not one who really cares about what I want to do but rather what I have to do. In any case which one is more interesting? Im going for an A. And what I want to do might not be what I should do. Feel me?
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -