Maths Assignment, Heeelp Meeeeeee!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
MaxPowerMrs
Veteran

Maths Assignment, Heeelp Meeeeeee!

Post by MaxPowerMrs »

Arghhhh, I'm **TRYING** to do this assignment right now. it's on longitude and all that crap...and well I really need some help because there's a test on it tomorrow and I'm SO CLUELESS and arghhhh.

So anyway, I'll write out the general gist of the question and if anyone can help me, within the next 2 hours :P I;d be hella greatful...

1.) Write an equation or a way you can work out the degrees west of the prime meridian and TLT (true local time).

If you know that your true local time is 17:48 hours (assume GMT [greenwich mean time] is still 19:00), use your equation to prove that you must live on longitude 18degrees west of Greenwich.

2.) Write an equation that related the degrees east of the prime meridian and TLT

They're the two questions that I'm really stuck on...I was really sick last week so I was away when the teacher was explaining to everyone...it was actually due last week but tomorrow's my first day back after being sick, there's no chance of getting an extention.

Help, help, help!!! I really hope SOMEONE can make some sense of it...

?-(?`v??)-? ???k? ?-(?`v??)-?

Jeff Buckley ~ 17/11/1966 - 29/5/1997. RIP Dream Brother :)

Ahh hell diddly ding dong crap!! Can't you morons do anything right? - Ned Flanders

May the wind always be at your back, and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft, to dance with the stars.
nj100688
Veteran

Re: Maths Assignment, Heeelp Meeeeeee!

Post by nj100688 »

sorry i don't have anything i might be able to do it but when i looked at the time u posted it looks like its been more than two hours but if u still need help u can PM me.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
MaxPowerMrs
Veteran

Post by MaxPowerMrs »

Nah it's okay...in the end I got my Dad to do it for me at about 1am lol....so everything worked out nicely! Except for me being sleep deprived, as always
?-(?`v??)-? ???k? ?-(?`v??)-?

Jeff Buckley ~ 17/11/1966 - 29/5/1997. RIP Dream Brother :)

Ahh hell diddly ding dong crap!! Can't you morons do anything right? - Ned Flanders

May the wind always be at your back, and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft, to dance with the stars.
nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 »

lol i'm smarter than my parents (at least at school stuff) so i could never get help from them. oh well :rolleyes:
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance