Nervous

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Nervous

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

It seems that not many people at my campus are talking about the Virginia Tech tragedy. But I have been watching and reading about it a lot, and it's really upsetting me. I feel so unsafe and paranoid. Whenever I am in my room alone I lock the doors, I don't feel safe walking to classes or just around campus. I feel like any moment something is going to happen. The emergency alarms keep going off here (they do that sometimes, I think it's an electrical thing though), but it freaks me out. I'm sure that other people feel this way too, but I find all my paranoia stressful and nerve-wracking.
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: Nervous

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

It is understandable to be upset or even disturbed by what happened at VT.

That said, you can NOT live your life in fear. The world is full of good things as well as bad things. Most of the bad things that happen are beyond our own personal control anyway, so you can not charge yourself with worrying about all of those things, because there is nothing you can do about it anyway.

The only thing you should be doing, is using common sense and living your life. Unreasonable paranoia and security measures will not solve anything, and likely only lead to a more stressful life for yourself and others.

Mourn and make note of what happened at VT, move on, and perhaps take it as a learning opportunity. Be aware of those around you, and seek to help those who are in need, that way less people will be tormented like the shooter at VT and then that type of event will be less likely to occur in the future.

-My thoughts

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group