Decisions, Decisions...

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
sbloemeke
Veteran

Decisions, Decisions...

Post by sbloemeke »

So, I need to make a decision regarding a summer job. I didn't know where to post it, so I decided to post it here.

One job will give me a flat rate of $1800 for working the summer. I'd work 9 hours a day, from 8 AM to 5 PM, 2 of those hours are transportation. I'd be hired full time.

The second job will pay me $7.75 an hour. I'd work 8 hours a day. I would be working part time, so I would fill in whenever I was needed. Last year I made approximately $740 working as the last on the list, so I'd expect it to at least double this year. The benefit with the second is I could apply to other pools as well and be on their lists too.

So, what do you think? I am going to make my own decision, I'm just curious as to your opinions.

Of note: I am in no financial difficulty. I have $25,000 locked up in banks which I own, and I am attending college for free.
Skye
Veteran

Re: Decisions, Decisions...

Post by Skye »

There's no reason to work yourself into the ground...so why do it?
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

Seriously, why not take it easy and chill out this summer? I definitely wouldn't take the first one though.
munchkinprince
Loyal

Post by munchkinprince »

you own banks?
Jesus loves you! Even if I think you suck!

Have a great day and a fantastic tomorrow!

:lol: :woot:

I know a kid named Sora who defeated the darkness in humanity's hearts and he's a teenager. You're an adult; what have you done with your life?
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

No, he owns 25,000 which is in a bank(s). :D
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
The Mutant Pixie
Loyal

Post by The Mutant Pixie »

I read it in the manner of a munchkinprince myself...
If the towers wobbly at the base, dont keep climbing... nut it! If it falls over, then you have to rebuild it, if not your good to go on climbing!

You never only cross my mind

You always come and stay awhile...

Long enough to lift my spirits

Warm my heart

And make me smile.

Iris Murdoch:

"Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved."
munchkinprince
Loyal

Post by munchkinprince »

On second thought, it would seem odd to own banks and have less than like, 20 million in pocket...
Jesus loves you! Even if I think you suck!

Have a great day and a fantastic tomorrow!

:lol: :woot:

I know a kid named Sora who defeated the darkness in humanity's hearts and he's a teenager. You're an adult; what have you done with your life?
sbloemeke
Veteran

Post by sbloemeke »

OK, I decided to go with the one which is full time, because my parents have really been yelling at me for even considering the other one. Thank you for your support.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Haha i would have made the same choice :)

I try never to take the easy route because if you think in the long term, how will that look?

I am going to be working this summer estimated 50-60hrs. as a waiter . . . . so hopefully i can make lots of $$$ :) haha...

i wish i was in your financial situation though (w/ money in the bank and free college ~ so a side note, what is your money in, in the bank? Do you have it in a money market, CDs, etc... *crosses fingers* just please don't say savings acct*)

-Jeff