College Grants

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
a4man
Loyal

College Grants

Post by a4man »

Im just curious as to if anyone here received grants for college from any companies, or if not if you received any grant and how you applied, I'm looking to not have to pay for my college as much as the average joe;). Or if you know of who i should ask(companies and clubs) for grants or scholarships i plan to attend both a community college and Iowa State. Thanks in advance guys and gals!
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: College Grants

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

I do not receive any grants but I do have most of my college paid for by a scholarship. I live in Louisiana and we have a TOPS program, which is essentially the state paying for me to attend a 4 year public university. I do not know if most states have similar programs, but regardless you should fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov/

This will alert you of any Federal aid you may be eligible for and, in some cases, state aid as well.

As far as particular scholarships or grants, you should search online for clubs and organizations specific to your planned major or career field. A tool that I used is called Fastweb, visit www.fastweb.com and you can sign up for email alerts for scholarships you may apply for.

-Hope this helps

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group