Going Away??

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
MaLLiS GirL

Going Away??

Post by MaLLiS GirL » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:49 am

[CENTER]so i have been at my college for 3 semesters and will soon be going into my fourth one. i really dont get along well with the people there to say the least. i cant find people who i have similar interest with other students, mainly because everyone there already knew each other from high school i went to high school in a dif city so i dont know many ppl here. to make it worse i wasnt raised here so i NEVER had friends from school where i live. they always lived far away n now they all go to school far away. n im here miserable n bored outta my mind.

i have been considering going away for college for a long time but its so much more money, honestly at this point im ready to make that sacrifice. i feel like im getting stiffed out of what college really is. other problem with it is my fam. my mom is nuts n is petrified of me moving out, n she will do ANYTHING to keep me from going away to school. my dad is sick and i feel like i have to be here for him, even tho hes getting better i feel responsible for taking care of him. ha kinda the opposite way its supposed to be.

anyway i really wanna get out and be independent. live on my own. and have a college life. im not sure what to look for when looking for a college cuz i have so many interests. as nerdy as it sounds pretty much everything interests me. i wanna learn everything in my power and use it towards my career.

should i go away to school or stay local?

[/CENTER]

FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: Going Away??

Post by FiZzBaW » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:04 am

Friend,

You may not like my response, but its true. Only you can decide what you should do.

I am a very indecisive person myself, I stayed local and still live at home because its to expensive otherwise.... Even with the state paying for my classes, I don't see the point in wasting money on rent when I can live at home and save that money, but that's just me.

You have to weigh the pros and cons of both options. Why don't you make a list of pros and cons, post them here, and we can poke holes in it for you, to help you with your decision.

-My thoughts

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group