Irc Chat

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Hammurabi
Loyal

Irc Chat

Post by Hammurabi » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:47 pm

I'm a bit new to irc. Honestly I can't figure it out. How do I get to the teenhelp.org chat?
Look...there's blood under that bridge...

(angst=ambience)

Cindy
Veteran

Re: Irc Chat

Post by Cindy » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:09 am

When you get to the chat area using irc, type in /join #teenadvice that should help you there
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]

Rob
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Rob » Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:08 am

Well you can't exactly use IRC, considering it's a whole protocol.. you could use a client though, such as mIRC. Simply download it and configure it the way described here. Although once connected, you'll have to type /join #teenadvice in the console line like Cindy said.

I hope that makes sense :huh:

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:22 am

Those are a TAD off.

You need to make sure you connect to the correct server. download mIRC and open it. Fill out the first screen containing your nickname, your email, etc. click ok and type /server irc.teenhelp.org

after you have successfully connected, type /list to get a listing of the current channels... and type /join #teenadvice to join our main teenhelp channel.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.