Other Teen Help Sites...

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
pmfman
Veteran

Re: Other Teen Help Sites...

Post by pmfman »

i heard it isnt online anymore, but i treid it once and it re-directed me to another site with a simmiliar name
"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol
four
Veteran

Post by four »

No, it is still up and running. Never went down. I am banned, as well as most of the chat staff... "TeenHelp Harrassment"
NAAM
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

Haha, yeah, we all tried to sneak up on them one night in the chat and they caught on, laughed at us, and banned us all. It was rather amusing to be banned for me. That's the whole reason I went there was to see how easily they'd ban me.
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Evan »

well hey im on a diifrent ocmputer so they shouldent reconize my ip or whatever im goon ago fool around with them......
my 2 cents.....
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Why can't we all just get along? Although their methods may be...peculiar they are still trying to help people. Remember how it feels when we get an asshole on here?
NAAM
Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

I got banned too! Hahah but i got banned like 4 months ago they're sooo GRRR! I got banned bc i said lazy eye! hahahahhahhahahah and then Pablo (partykid12) got banned because he said he was just chattingand he didnt need help

they are FUCKED up
There's always someone cooler than you
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

They're dealing with 100's of teens per day, it's a very stressful environment on there. Complete nightmare. I should know, I was on the staff for 2 months before I got removed for registering on a different forum (which has now been taken offline).

CJ is a bitch, send's out hassling updates to the staff. The chat is a complete mess and I just checked, and I'm banned from there as well. They prob. just banned the whole of my ISP though, just in case ;)

They're idiots and the sooner a law suit is taken out to get them removed off the internet for improper treatment of vulnerable teenagers.. the BETTER!!

Urgh, I hate that place.
Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

they must have like thosands of people on bans!
four
Veteran

Post by four »

It is their website and they have the right to run it any way they want to. You can't sue them for the way they treated you under conventinal laws(some laws get really odd though). I am sure our chat gets as many people as theirs does, but we don't ban every other person that comes through the door...
NAAM
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

Originally posted by aberc0mbie21@May 6 2003, 09:26 PM

they must have like thosands of people on bans!

Yeah, and I thought TH was ban-happy ;). <3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~I<3Mike.
Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

hahahha I hate teen advice online they are such assholes!
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

If you sit in their chatroom with your "information" window open in IRC, in about 20 minutes you will see about 30 ISP's show up (i.e. user1 blocked banned isp.isp.com) just scrolling down the window as new users try to access the chatroom but TAO have already banned their whole network.

:rolleyes:

Not our fault if they don't want to help people, hopefully those people will come here :)
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

Originally posted by fruitloop@May 7 2003, 01:14 PM

If you sit in their chatroom with your "information" window open in IRC, in about 20 minutes you will see about 30 ISP's show up (i.e. user1 blocked banned isp.isp.com) just scrolling down the window as new users try to access the chatroom but TAO have already banned their whole network.

:rolleyes:

Not our fault if they don't want to help people, hopefully those people will come here :)

Heh, whenever we tried to "sit" in their chatroom they nagged and asked what we needed and if it was nothign kicked us out. So yeah, good luck with that sitting in the chat thing :P. <3

~I<3Mike.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

You need to try it around 4am UK time. Just around the time America goes to bed and nobody else is awake. :)

Nobody is there monitoring it then.
four
Veteran

Post by four »

They added me to the perm ban list of their bot though. Computers never sleep.
NAAM