Sats!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
artificial_daydreamz
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Sats!

Post by artificial_daydreamz »

I recently took the SATs in April, and have a 920. That is very horrible and I need a 200-300 pt jump to make it to the colleges I want to (Rutgers, Drew U., NYU, NJIT). Most of the college I am aiming for need around a 1100-1300 SAT score. Im taking the next SAT in June and never signed up for SAT classes (they all started at the end of april-early may), so I'm technically screwed. I have a few verbal/SAT booklets but they don't help me too much. right now I am freaking out because I don't know how I will make it to a 1080 or 1100 even with practicing + no classes. I'm really desperate if anyone can help me on what to do now? I've tried practicing by myself but I can't improve tremedously in 4 weeks. Please HELP! Advice, anything!
I <3 guys with British/Australian accents
radical~
Loyal

Re: Sats!

Post by radical~ »

:huh: B) I took them this May and before that I trained on and off for a while not doing much. THen the last week I found I really good math teacher and I had her help me with some of the math problems in the SAT help book. THat actually helped me. And I studied a lot of the math in the book doing the problems. I also looked at tips on how to read the long reading questions.

Tomorrow I should get my scores! B) :huh: B)
Becoming Human
Loyal

Post by Becoming Human »

I have them tomarrow... I guess I should be asleep right now.

My advice is to simply relax somehow when you take the test. It is proven that people who believe such a test will determine their future naturally freak out and get lower scores. Also, statistically, the first answer you chose is the most likely to be correct, so never go back if your questioning an answer you wrote (unless your absolutely sure).
"true intelligence is to know the extent of ones ignorance"

Hey-I'm Breathin

Hey-I'm Bleedin

Hey-I'm Scream'n Scum of the Earth, come on
GrasshopperGirl
Loyal

Post by GrasshopperGirl »

Two things:

1) Get some sleep the week before the test.

2) do NOT panic. the best score i got on the ACT (didn't do SAT) was the day i was sick. i thought i wouldn't do well so i just relaxed and took the test as if it were a practice one.

2.5) get ur reading speed up. that helps a ton. just read a newspaper article a day as fast as u can n try to remember as much as u can about it.

Good luck!
My semi-secret journal

"Look back again at the pale blue dot above. Take a good long look at it. Stare at the dot for any long length of time and try to convince yourself that God created the whole Universe for one of the 10 million or so species (Humans) of life that inhabit that speck of dust. Now take it a step farther: Imagine that everything was made for a single shade of that species, or gender, or ethnic or religious subdivision. If this doesn't strike you as unlikely, pick another dot. Imagine it to be inhabited by a different form of intelligent life. They, too, cherish the notion of a God who has created everything for their benefit. How seriously would you take their claim?"

Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot.