Free Education?--bull Crap!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
*mel*
Loyal

Free Education?--bull Crap!

Post by *mel* »

Ya know it just kind of hit me, and it really ticks me off!! Doesn't our country (America) stress freedom of speech, religion, free education (public) freedom of press...and blah blah.

Well, education is one of the things America strives for isn't it? Everyone getting an education. I mean they make us go to school and they tell us that it is free....but ya know that is bull crap!! It's not free....

Does everyone here have to pay a book fee? I know I do, and lots others do. (I mean at other schools) how is that free?

Ya know it really ticks me off! I know a girl, who has to buy practically everything for herself. I'm a fortunate person whose parents live comfortably. But this girl has to pay for her clothes, personal products, and her book fees! How is that fair? jUst because her mother won't pay, or maybe can't or whatever!! It just makes me soo mad. I could go on forever, but I'm running short on time.....but let me know your thoughts....am i totally off on this?
four
Veteran

Re: Free Education?--bull Crap!

Post by four »

The use of the word free has more than one meaning. In stressing freedom of speech for example it means the ability to do it unhindered. Whilst using it in free education means without cost. They are completley different things. And something can't come from nothing. While the federal government continues to suck up money and put it into "defense", politicians pockets, and the failing social security fund there will always be a limit on funding for education. Only a complete reform of taxation policies would solve this problem. [sarcasm]And yeah, that is really gonna happen soon.[/sarcasm]
NAAM
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Nothing in life is free! Somebody has to pay for it.
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

I pay about ?20 a day to go to a half decent school in the UK. Cause all the public schools really suck.

EDIT: My parents pay.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

You pay money to go to a PRIVATE SCHOOL? omg.

I wish I'd gone private though.
nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 »

u get the book deposits back at least at my school once u graduate u get it back but i guess u still have to pay but i don't know if they cash the check or not.

i'm glad i don't go to public school but i guess its different for everyone. privite schools can wait for college.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
NSDCSnackGirl
Loyal

Post by NSDCSnackGirl »

I am an avid supporter of public education, thank you very much. I live in NYC (born and raised) and my mother is a NYC teacher (holla)

Support your local public school!!!!!!

And it's not like I say that because I had a good time in public school. I went to private school. It was a load of garbage. Not only were the students not into school, but the teachers were not into teaching. Private school/parochial school teachers usually make less money than public school teachers and are a lot less motivated to do their job well. I attended a high class prep school for two months. I was disgustingly ill prepared for what was in store for me.

Not to mention the girls made fun of me cause I was in on an academic scholarship and my parents couldn't buy me anything and everything I wanted...

Stupid girls....
check out my xanga: click here
pokl
Loyal

Post by pokl »

they say skool is free but also you have to pay 4 it in taxes so their is no way that it is actullly free and its not possible 4 it 2 b freee i mean they have 2 pay the teachers and every body so i dont think there is ne thing that we kan do about it skool will neva be actully free nomadder what they say
i had an idea it would save world hunger nobody world every have to be homeless and it would bring world peace

then forgot what it was
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

If she's in so much need.. They have programs that can help her out.

In a way it's not free.. But there still trying.

I don't believe that America always does what they say, but when it comes to education I do believe they are doing the right thing. Or trying to.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image